GPX Beach Hunt

Finally had a chance to get out to one of my better silver beaches. With the extreme cold about a week ago, and along with the high winds, I missed some of the record low tides in my area. Wednesday was the first time out and I was hoping the now normal tides didn't wash too much sand back on the beach. Lucky the sand was not frozen, so I was good to go. I had the GPX set up the best I could with all the train interference, and took breaks when the EMI was just too much to handle. Managed these goodies. No gold, but enough of silver to make the trip worth while. 2 quarters, (SLQ and Washington), 9 dimes, (Mercury and Roosevelt), 19 Wheats and 6 copper Memorials, and a '29 Buffalo. The layer I was able to get into was around the early 50's to 60's. I was itching to get out and hunt, so I really didn't care what I found. I did dig a lot of other targets as well, including 3 silver plated spoons (a common beach find) that were 18+ inches deep. They were a reminder that I have to get back to my other duties, as I had just picked up 2 full pickup loads of spoons, forks, and knives for my small recycling business and I needed to work on them. :rolleyes: Weather was great, and coin size targets were at reasonable depths of 8-12". Finally nice to see the waves and breathe that (cold) shore air:smile:

DSC00326.JPG

DSC00327.JPG

DSC00322 (1).JPG

• Like 6

I need good spoons for my dessert.......i am not a spoon collector but i always try to find a better one......

To do QUENELLES:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/joanmarrou/perfect-and-beautiful-quenelles/?lp=true

?OQD OBSESSIVE QUENELLE DISORDER

RR

• Like 1

Thanks for the posting!

What coil were you using?

Mitchel

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Thanks for the posting!

What coil were you using?

Mitchel

I'm using the 12.5" Detech DD coil

• Thanks 1

Continued this same beach but used both the GPX and Equinox. Most silver found with the GPX. No gold this time either. 8 silvers, a buffalo, hand full of wheats, and possibly a tiny silver earring. A little bit of clad to round off the hunt. Fun hunt, all while getting some good, head clearing exercise.:smile: Beats work any day :laugh:

DSC00328.JPG

• Like 2