Short Effective Beach Hunt ( Gold And Silver )

mn90403

2 minutes ago, jinmon said:

Nice!!! My guess before I saw the pic was that the “clue” was a key but I don’t see one. Maybe that larger oblong flat silver thing next to the bobby  pin is part of a key? That’s my guess! ?

Your guess is the end of a key.  It is the part that goes into the tumblers.

The clue is still available for guessing.

Awesome beach finds.  The Equinox is truly a great multi purpose detector.

What a productive 2 hours! It would take 2-3 days or more to find that much stuff on our beaches! However, I do have quite a collection of lead fishing weights lol. Too new at beach detecting to figure out your clue though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

The clue is the silver, 1 up 1 left from the .585..

Swamp

Swamp,

That 'silver' is a Canadian quarter.  That is one of those coins that goes from negative numbers all the way to 25+ and never seems to settle down.  They stick to magnets and they rust.  I found this coin after the gold ring.

Let me see if there is another 'guess' before I tell you my thinking which I see now would be easier if I showed the objects in the 'order' that I found them.

Mitchel

I just woke up and now I'm seeing this post and it is obvious I didn't give enough clues for someone to pick my 'clue at the time of hunting' plus I took this photo with my phone and you can't enlarge the picture as a better picture should be able to do.

At the time of the hunt there was really very little buried trash.  There was surface runoff from the rains type of trash but you could see and avoid that.

I'd been hunting for well over an hour with mostly the coins to show for it.  Targets were relatively few for this storm I thought and when I was moving to a more 'open' area I found the clue (to me anyway).  It is the squarish piece with the little hole in it.  Huh?

Here's my thinking.  I'm finding ordinary targets for me.  A few coins, a bobby pin or two, some nickels, the micro jewelry and then I get this signal.  I have to dig it a bit deeper than the other stuff.  When I see it it is an 'odd' shape and it has a bit of mass.  It was mostly a positive number but it jumps because of the shape and edges.  I really did say to myself gold could be near.  (This is the hope part if you look at the trash vs ring thread.)

So, my 'clue' slows down my feet and is a bit of a game with myself that once in a while pays off by keeping my head in the detecting game (concentration) for a few more moments before it wanders off!  (I think Steve said something about having a head full of cats at times about his internal 'signal to noise' ratio.)

What if my clue didn't result in a nice gold ring?  I'd just have a bit more trash and another hope dashed but still had fun.  Similar clues have resulted in large patches of good items for me but most of the time that is a after thought rather than a present thought.

The short version of this hunt as my friend Fred would say is "You got lucky!'  True.

Mitchel

• Like 2

Nice Ring!?

• The title was changed to Short Effective Beach Hunt ( Gold And Silver )