Garrett Atx Return To Hawaii

Very nice haul Steve! Your input on the Atx has been helpful in my decision to purchase one this summer when the weather warms and I hit beach mode here in ohio.

Very intertesting how you recover the targets without a scoop at all. I generally detect chest to neck deep depending on waves with a long handle scoop. My trip last week to DR was productive as far as detecting goes, but was the first time I ran into a coral issue,  there were several targets in the coral i could not recover with my scoop, and I did not have my snorkel gear with me this time. I am almost certain a few of them were gold by the signal. May have to try you method next trip there in the fall.

Few pics from DR trip, 2 silver rings, 1 white gold ring, 1 silver plated ring, a gold pendant, a silver religious medal, and a very nice silver and turquise bracelet.Plus the usual junk. About 11 hours detecting, all found with the Whites Beach Hunter 300.

post-697-0-76205900-1429217388_thumb.jpg

post-697-0-50930500-1429217400_thumb.jpg

post-697-0-58633100-1429217409_thumb.jpg

post-697-0-12640400-1429217414_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My coin dealer told me that religious jewelry items and rings from divorced couples are almost impossible to resell. Seems the divorced couples rings carry bad luck he told me. He just melts these down. And they cannot be sold as new no matter how clean they look.

• 2 weeks later...