Dealer Sale Steve's Custom Carbon-fiber Shafts For Minelab Equinox!

Greetings!

This complete, high-quality, lightweight shaft system for the Equinox consists of:

1). A 35 1/2" long carbon-fiber upper shaft, with four cuff adjustment holes, and one hole for the control-box handle (located in the same positions as on the Minelab upper shaft section). This upper shaft replaces -- as a one-piece section -- both the middle and upper sections of the stock Minelab shaft;

2). A 26" long carbon-fiber lower rod, including spring-button clip (the same lower rods I've been selling for several months).

The following pricing applies to several basic shaft options...

1. Upper shaft section ONLY (no lower rod), regular end cap … $79 plus shipping

2. Upper shaft section ONLY (no lower rod), threaded butt-end and threaded end cap (to allow compatibility with the threaded counterweight system) ... $89 plus shipping

3. COMPLETE shaft system (upper shaft section PLUS 26" lower rod), regular end cap ... $129 plus shipping

4. COMPLETE shaft system (upper shaft section PLUS 26" lower rod), threaded butt-end and threaded end cap (to allow compatibiility with the threaded counterweight system) ... $139 plus shipping.

All of the above shafts can be customized in various ways, per customer preference (rod length, hole locations, etc.) Optional spring button holes (to facilitate use of the lower rod spring button) can also be included in any of the upper shaft options above, for an additional $10 (the button holes are not REQUIRED, on my shaft, due to the strong/secure clamping cam lock system that is used with these shafts, but are available as an optional inclusion).

As alluded to above, an optional counterweighting system is also available for these shafts, to alleviate the "nose-heaviness" many Equinox users have noticed. The counterweight -- short-lengths of carbon-fiber tube, filled with small bags of lead pellets, and which screw into a threaded insert in the butt-end of the shaft -- can either be packaged with a shaft system, or purchased separately later, as an add-on accessory. The tubes are custom-built to each user's desired weight/length, and additionally, the weight of the tube can be adjusted at any time, via access to the internal weighting through a threaded end cap.

Empty counterweight tubes (with the customer supplying the weighting) ... $25 plus shipping

Weighted counterweight tubes (built to customer specification) ... $35 plus shipping

Finally, I have created several documents to provide more detailed information regarding the shaft system itself, including counterweighting and how to choose the right weight for your situation, the "button holes vs. no button holes" decision, etc. I can provide these documents to anyone who requests them, and I am of course more than happy to answer any questions you may have -- either here, or via my email address, at steve@stevesdetectorrods.com.

After an extended period of working to design a superior shaft system, and extensive field testing, I believe that my goal for this complete shaft system has been achieved -- with these shafts providing a high-quality, wobble-free, ergonomically balanced, aesthetically enhanced upgrade to your Minelab Equinox!

Thanks!

Steve

https://www.stevesdetectorrods.com

https://www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

shafts&rodannotated.jpg

shaftcomplete.jpg

counterweight.jpg

colored-tubes.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Steve. I just ordered the complete shaft setup. The lower rods I’ve already ordered will work perfectly for my three coils.

Steve, thank you for your time on the phone with me to hammer out the details.

I’m so stoked  that products like this are available. Your engineering and craftsmanship are excellent.

Best of Luck!

BH

BeachHunter -- I was glad to speak with you and enjoyed our conversation!  THANKS for your purchase!!

strick -- yep, I do take PayPal.  I'm glad work with you on getting you a new shaft, if you are interested...

Thanks!

Steve

• 3 months later...

Hi all!

I just wanted to give a bit of updated information; I have Equinox complete shafts (as well as spare Equinox lower rods) in stock, and CTX 3030 lower rods are in stock as well.  Custom counterweights for the Equinox shafts are available for purchase, as well. 

In addition, I have placed a carbon-fiber tube order with my supplier, that will permit production of a small, second batch of "colored" carbon-fiber shafts for the Equinox; they will be available soon.  

Finally, I'm pleased to announce that I have more of the "Jeff Herke Arm Cuffs" available, for the Equinox shafts, with an optional padded neoprene cuff cover also available for the cuffs.  

If you have any interest in shafts, rods, counterweighting, or a replacement arm cuff, please let me know!

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

Thanks!

Steve

email:  steve@stevesdetectorrods.com

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi all!

I'm back in town after an extended vacation, and have been busily building shafts, and filling customer orders that piled up while I was away.  At this point I have plenty of rods and shafts in stock -- Equinox and CTX, and I do have a few "Limited-Edition" colored shafts currently being completed, in various colors (colored shafts are $20 additional, vs. the standard black).  I also have counterweights ready to custom-build for you, and a new supply of "Herke" black aluminum arm cuffs (and padded neoprene cuff covers) in stock.  If you are interested, drop me a line -- either here, or via email at steve@stevesdetectorrods.com; I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,

Steve

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

• Like 2

Just received my order for the Blue Carbon Fiber Lower rod. Wow is it nice! Beautiful color that will make it stand out in the crowd of Nox owners. It’s so nice I want to hang it on the wall as art.

Thank you Steve for the awesome product. Good luck!

BeachHunter -- 

THANKS for the very kind words, sir!  I am glad you like the color!  Though I may be "biased," I do think the colored tubes look really nice!  ?

I will attach a couple of pictures, showing several of the available colors, for those interested (colors shown are blue, silver, red, blue/black, red/black, and green).

Thanks!

Steve

colored-tubes.jpg

colors2.JPG

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just an update...

I just received a large re-stock of both black and colored tubes, so if you are interested in an Equinox shaft, now is a great time to order.

Counterweights are also available for the Equinox shafts, and CTX 3030 lower rods are in stock, as well.

***I have also begun making custom Equinox travel shafts, which feature a two-piece upper shaft (instead of the one-piece upper).  I can make each of the three shaft sections (upper, middle, and lower) in any custom length you need.***

***I am also now producing custom "dive shafts" for the Equinox; these can also be made to any custom length, and can be either be a one-piece, fixed length shaft, OR an adjustable two-piece shaft (see the picture below, showing a fixed-length 28" dive shaft, in blue).***

Thanks!

Steve

JohnScottDiveShaft.JPG

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hi all!

Another big shipment of tubes -- both black, and colored -- arrived today. If you'd like an Equinox shaft -- in black, or blue/black, red/black, blue, red, green, silver, or pink, let me know, and I'll be happy to build you one!

Lower rods for the Equinox, and CTX 3030, are also available -- and I have plenty of counterweights in stock, also!

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 1
  • Similar Content

• By Jeff McClendon
      Serious Detecting has slashed the prices on many PI and VLF coils including most of their Coiltek, Detech, Mars, some FTP and Cors coils along with many other items. Usually the Clearance section is only a page or two. Now it is 8 pages of mostly coils. Check it out if you need a good coil at a great price.
      Jeff
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      Yes that's right, the very popular GPZ-7000 is coming (Christmas Promo) with the Super Deep $1500 19" coil right now.  The 19" coil is 30% deeper than the stock coil on your GPZ-7000, so now you get to go back over and find the really deep ones. 
      Yes as a VET myself, I proudly offer the 15% Military Discount ($6800) as you earned it.
      Bonus is the chance to do a 3 Day Field Training with my Field Staff Experts and I (we all own and use the 7000 with great success) at no charge.  or you can meet Lunk down in AZ this winter for a 1 day 1 on 1, at no charge.
      I have them in stock and ready to ship as well as the SDC-2300's, GM-1000's and EQ-800's and more.
      PS.  If your unit is out of warranty or close to it, now is the time to trade it in for a new one with 3 year warranty.
      Picture is the gold I found on the last trip to Rye Patch area a few weeks ago (all found with GPZ-7000).  No it's not quartz, but rather caliche on them.  Yes I did hit my 1 ounce troy goal for the trip.
      Gerry's Detectors at www.gerrysdetectors.com

• By cjc
      “The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced”
      Clive James Clynick is the author of some 20 previous detector “how-to” manuals, numerous articles and product reviews.  In this detailed and informative book he explains the Minelab Equinox’s ground breaking technology and how it can help you to find treasure. Topics include:
      Customizing the Equinox for your Conditions and Targets Sought.
      “Multi IQ” and High Gain Detector Operating Characteristics.
      Understanding and Applying the Equinox’s Features.
      Audio, Meter and Coil Control “Skill Building.”
      Beach, Shallow Water and “In-Iron” Skill Building with the Equinox.
      The Equinox as a Gold Jewellery-Hunting Machine.
      “Reverse” Hunting with the Equinox.
      Bottlecaps and Other Problem Targets.
      …and much more…
      (111 Pages, Softbound, $16.95)
      The Minelab Equinox: “An Advanced Guide”
      Clive James Clynick is the author of some 22 previous detector “how-to” manuals, numerous articles and product reviews.  In this detailed and informative book he explains the Minelab Equinox’s ground breaking technology and how it can help you to find treasure.  Topics include:
      Using Theory and Basic Skills to Improve Your Accuracy
      Depth and Target Acquisition.
      Applying the Equinox’s Strengths to Your Sites.
      Using the Equinox’s Target Information to Learn Problem Targets.
      Methods and Applications: Creating Custom Search Modes.
      Across-Frequency Target Testing.
      “Gold 2” on the Beach and Inland.
      Salt Water Stabilization.
      …and much more…
      101 pgs. (Softbound, $16.95)
      “Skill-Building with the Minelab Equinox Series Metal Detectors”
      By Clive James Clynick
      Clive James Clynick is the author of some 24 previous treasure hunting “how-to” books and numerous articles.  In this detailed and informative book, he explains how understanding the Equinox’s operating characteristics and features can help you to find more treasure at park, relic and beach sites. Topics include:
      Dense Iron Methods and Skill Building
      Walk First. How Small Skills Add Up to Accuracy
      Managing the Heavily Processed, Modulated Signal
      Understanding and Managing the Power Curve
      Beyond Meter and Tone
      Accuracy and Conclusiveness
      Salt Water Stabilization and Depth Tips from Top Hunters
      Signal Balancing the Equinox for More Depth
      ‘Micro’ Gold and Chain Hunting
      Understanding the Upgrades
      …and much more…
      (8.5 X 5.5, softbound, 120 pages) $16.95
      Ordering and Reviews:
      http://clivesgoldpage.com/
      Summer special!  Three ship as two AND AUS $ at par use code AUS1

• By Gerry in Idaho
      GPZ-7000 is Mint Like new (Approx 10 hrs use) and was purchased May of this yr.  Has a brand new 19" coil still in box.  Transferable warranty is good until May 2023 which is 2 and a half years.

Also join Lunk and my other Field Staff for 3 days of in depth gold detector training/camping with like minded people all wanting to learn their gold detectors., Nov. 6th - 8th at Rye Patch, NV or join Lunk this winter in AZ for a full 1 day 1 on 1.
      $6500 and I do not charge tax.  PayPal or card add 3%.  Personal Check/Cash is preferred or pick up in person.

If you are prior US Military, just purchase a new one from me for $6800 and come join us for the training.
      Last pics are of Lunk and some of his AZ Success, so if you are more of a 1 on 1 guy wanting training, we have you covered.  I do promise, you'll remember more in the 3 day class as each of my Field Staff Experts all own a GPZ-7000 and will all be plugging in with you and explaining things.
      Contact me at Gerry's Detectors www.gerrysdetectors.com

• By Jim McCulloch
      I still have a few Goldmaster 24K and GMX coils for sale. They are all brand new, never mounted, never used. Each comes with a brand new coil cover, personally autographed copy of my book "Advanced Nuggetshooting with the Goldmaster 24K," and my optimal tuning cheat sheet. The 6" round concentric is $135.00, postpaid. The extremely rare 8" by 14" is $249.95 postpaid. This might be your last chance to obtain these coils. No, I do not have any 6x4's. Continental US shipping only. I accept PayPal.
    • By Goldseeker5000
      The Nugget Shooter's Field Guide will give you insight on new areas to detect for gold by learning understanding the clues to hydraulic pits, old river channels, dredge tailings and much more. Learn about Mass Wasting and why it is important to the gold detectorist. Also learn about the Townes Theory and how it can put you on top of more nuggets. A must have for every serious Nugget Hunter. Go to https://goldseekerbooks.com
      $24.95 plus shipping.  Get your signed copy today.