Gold Ring Or Gold Coin?

That's a great find!!!

I have always considered coins made into decorative items to be in the jewelry dept., and it's a lot different then finding an old gold coin in the wild.  I've done both, so I can relate ?

• Like 3

On 2/8/2019 at 8:34 PM, billdean said:

That’s a great find!! I can see my detecting lasting all year now.  Arizona in the winter for gold and Michigan in the summer for gold rings. Thanks for showing us. 

Billdean,  As an in-lander (Idaho) who's been chasing gold nuggets for a few years now, I have seen the cream of the crops whither with each year of passing and better detectors.  About 10 years ago I realized in order to keep the heavy metal music beating into my ears, I needed to listen/learn new tunes.  Water hunting has been my 2nd focus.  Even though the gold is man made, it still adds up.  In fact my 2018 season produced more ounces of gold/platinum and palladium jewelry than actual nuggets.  A big bonus, the wife hardly ever says "no I can't go" when I want to hunt rings.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:09 AM, midalake said:

YEP, time for a margarita. I have 12 days in so far here in Mexico and no gold yet. The beach conditions stink.

Dave

Are you the same Dave I met in the water 2 weeks ago in MX and you were swinging an Xcal with custom headphones?  If I went 12 days with no gold, I'd need a few margaritias.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 10:17 PM, mn90403 said:

Why is there a wedding band AND the coin ring in that one picture?

Were two rings found?

My wife says it is a RING!

Mitchel

I found the 18K wedding band 10 feet in front of him.  Not sure if he cut me off to find the ring/coin or I cut him off to find the 18K band.  Either way, we both scored some Au and great memories.  All though he still is 1 up on me as I have yet to score a gold ring/coin combo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Are you the same Dave I met in the water 2 weeks ago in MX and you were swinging an Xcal with custom headphones?  If I went 12 days with no gold, I'd need a few margaritias.

Kind of weird...I do own a Xcal with custom headphones but that machine is back in the US. I would be the "Dave" with the chest mounted Sovereign GT, and the under performing Equinox.  Now 14 days  no gold! Yes I had a Margarita today. 

Dave

• Like 1