XP Deus Hf Elliptical Coil Or?

Hi All

I have an XP Deus that I use for land detecting for just about anything and everything. I started with the 11 inch LC coil and did very well with it. I purchased the round 9 inch HF coil and love it. I am doing awesome with it hunting on land in parks and schools and fields. 

I was thinking of picking up a XP Deus Elliptical coil for the occasional nugget hunt as I already own the Deus. Of course, there are other options like the new minelabs. the Goldbug and others. 

Any comments or thoughts or observations on how well the Deus HG elliptical coil performs on small nugget or flake hunting?

New to the site and to this forum, so your constructive comments will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. I use the HF elliptical coil and it’s my favorite coil to use on the Deus.

Unfortunately I have no experience using it for nugget or flake hunting.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

Hi, I tend to agree with Steve. If you were going to regularly use your Deus for gold prospecting you might should consider having a dedicated gold coil like the HF elliptical coil you are asking about. Depending on where you might be prospecting your coil will usually take quite a beating. If you will be prospecting very rarely, your HF 9” coil will do just fine and can get into most of the same places as the elliptical. I found a sub .1 gram picker with my 9” round HF coil last weekend. Now, if XP would make a 6” or smaller coil I would definitely buy that. 

Jeff

• Like 4