Moore Creek Adventures

Great to see and hear the gold and stories! My first exposure to detecting for gold was through the AK Gold Forum and all the people at these operations like Moore Creek posting their nugget finds, you guys inspired me and I'm sure a lot of other people to buy their first gold machine and give it a try too.

• Like 3

George,  Moore Creek to this day is always at the back of my mind "for another visit" and your discovery of the Golden Famous Fern allows my inner thoughts for even more great dreams.  Thanks for sharing and getting me excited again.

This is a picture of the back side of my favorite nugget from Moore Creek. Not as pretty or as big as yours George which is really beautiful....  Steve, can't wait to see your pictures of MC nuggets...

image.thumb.png.3c6ab79eb45e3bd64b32dd98192ae92d.png

• Like 3

I took a group of eager dreamer diggers (swinging wide fast and wild) the last year they ran commercial groups and one of the memories came on the last day.  Most of us had broke our detectors down and packed them away for flights out of camp.  One of my Field Staff Experts (we'll call him Spencer) was not about to give in so easily.

Anyway, Spencer is in front of camp and we sees he's been at one hole for quite some time and picked down a foot+ in a hole.  Eventually, he's walking back to get a long handled, deep gold digger shovel... with a sly grin and hope.  Well it gets my interest, so I walk out there expecting to see him sweat out another piece of tailing trash...as many of us had done.  He commence digging another foot+ and finally has the thing out of the hole.

Trying to locate an almost 1 pound mini boulder in a pile of rocks with a GPX and monster sized coil at close distance is certainly an ear cleaner...most certain.  Ended up being...you know how it usually goes, but not so fast my friend.... it's time to break out the gin.

SpencerBiga.jpg

SpencerBigc.jpg

SpencerBige.jpg

• Like 9