XP Deus

goldbrick

Hi Steve, Thanks for all the excellent info you post on this forum. Your posts here and on Dankowski's forum have piqued my interest in coin and relic hunting once again. I have recently been using my GB Pro and Whites TDI as coin and relic machines around old mining camps. Not too many good finds yet but a lot of fun none the less. I have actually found my best coin with my GPX 4500 while nugget hunting.

Anyway, when using the GB Pro I find that detecting in nail pits with disc 26 to 39 (per Nasa Tom's forum) I get a sore neck from watching the TID. If I am at disc 39 I can't just dig all high tones due to the massive amount of lead and brass at these sites. I have been toying with the idea of buying an XP Deus for these activities and assigning tones and/or notching for what I want to recover (site dependent) to get away from reliance on the TID. Now with the release of Version 3.2 that includes the Goldfield program( basically all metal mode and tighter ground balance?) and the ability to notch out some hot rocks in the ground balance range the urge to purchase is VERY strong. This detector since it runs at 18 KHZ, has the new goldfield program, and can GB notch hot rocks, could be a great nugget detector but there is no info on the net I can find.

Steve or anyone else, do you have any input or experience hunting small gold nuggets with the XP Deus? Shouldn't it perform somewhere between an F75 and the GB Pro on gold?

Regards, Merton

p.s. I have a GBII so I don' t care if it recovers fly poop.

You start by saying you want the XP DEUS to hunt in nails then segue into gold hunting with it. Well, as long as you do not sell your Gold Bug Pro it will not matter too much. I am sure the XP DEUS does fine on gold. The reason you do not see prospectors using it is the cost versus a Gold Bug Pro. If I was offered an XP DEUS in a straight up trade for my Gold Bug Pro and could only use the detector to prospect for gold I would have to pass.

In the nails it is another ball game. The Gold Bug Pro will do the job, what we are talking about here is a usability issue of tones. That is a pretty nebulous area to be making a decision on. I suspect this all boils down to do you want to get an XP or not. The bottom line is it is a detector you buy for other reasons that might also do well on gold. You can say that about a number of expensive top end detectors. The Whites V3i is no slouch on gold in the right conditions. It just is way more money than you need to spend for a decent prospecting detector. What you really have to decide is whether you want to purchase all that extra capability and have a use for it.

XP Deus Data & User Reviews

Steve, thanks for the reply. I need another gold machine like I need a hole in my head but I would be happy owning a Deus to hunt coins and relics. I will probably purchase one.

Regards, Merton

I purchased one yesterday online but will not be able to spend time with it until mid-February. I will let you know what I think of it once I have spent some time with the coil to the soil.

Regards,

Merton