My Equinox 800 Is Now 1 Year Old & Celebrated With A Celtic Find

Randy Dee

Randy,  That is one of the rarest buttons I have ever witnessed and I've seen my share of UK finds.  Please don't take my "button" term as a slam...unless you mean a "grand slam" because it is actually more rare than a gold coin.  Hats off to you my friend, we love the story and you sharing it.

Next Feb (2 year anniversary) we'll be expecting a stunner of a post from you, so be prepared.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Great history save!  The condition is incredible for a 1st century BC find.

Almost all Celtic and Bronze-age bronze artifacts found in the UK are found in excellent condition especially the Bronze-age axe and spearhead hoards.

A few months back I posted an artifact of mine from the Celtic / Romano British period which is a Celtic Horse Harness Attachment.

1340621982_CelticEyeHarnessAttachment(7).thumb.jpg.523c17aa9b357bd3399d6cdb1a5c4d45.jpg

Here below is another of my Bronze-age finds it is a Socketed Spearhead which has not been finished or sharpened I found this along with the bronze ingot which had been previously attached to the spearhead, both found together.

1744707563_BronzeAgeSocketedSpearHead.20thSept2009(1).jpg.51184be6853e50f1f3e0f2e93dedc3d9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cannot even imagine the thrill of finding things as old as these ! Thanks for showing .

• Like 1