mn90403

Headed For The Land Down Under

Good for you Mitchel. 👍

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a fun adventure ahead for you.

Head for St Kilda beach when you arrive in Melbourne, it gets absolutely packed with people and is near the city center.  I used to live near it and went there regularly, sometimes there is more people than sand 🙂

melbourne-st-kilda.jpg

That's somewhere I'd like to detect, although they've had a bit of trouble with gang activity there at night lately so it might be a bit risky and during the day it'd be too busy unless it was raining. 

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=st+kilda+gang

• Like 2

Have a great trip Mitchel,

Bring home a big nugget!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good luck Mitchel, I’m sure the Victorian boys will look after you. 

My favourite spot in Victoria is panning in Reedy Ck near Beechworth, gems and gold 👍😉. ( I did a YouTube vid there a few years ago, should be able to find it with google)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I have a Miner's Right

Already!?  You are keen. 

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

during the day it'd be too busy

Being May it might be a bit nipply to have too many beach goers.

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Head for St Kilda beach when you arrive in Melbourne,

Have you ever driven on the Left hand side of the road before Mitchell?  If not, maybe don't head directly through the second most populated city in the country  🤣   Sorry Phrunt  😉

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

rent a vehicle and head to Bendigo area

That's a good idea.  Are you planning on Hotel/Motel/Caravan Park for the entire trip or doing some bush camping?

What machines are you bringing? 

3 hours ago, Trent King said:

Reedy Ck near Beechworth

15 minutes from me!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awesome Mitchel!  Good luck! Ive been following your posts on this as i want to do the same in 2021.  Saving right now!  Fred offered to let me borrow his books as well and look forward to reading them.  If you dont mind i might be picking your brain on this in the future.  Have fun and get some gold! :laugh:

• Like 2

Have a great adventure Mitchel..!

Swamp

• Thanks 1

sounds like it will be a great time ,have a good one down under.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By geof_junk
      The Poseidon Nugget’ was unearthed in the Parish of Waanyarra. The huge nugget weighed 953 oz gross and 703 oz net. Woodall and party found the nugget 10
      inches underground, 2 inches above bedrock with much quartz. This find began the last of the big rushes to the area.[1906] On private land. This [Poseidon] was the last great alluvial rush in Victoria.
      3000 were camped here in 1906 with store established catering for all the miners’ needs. One storekeeper was charged and fined for selling sly grog. The reef above and opposite the gully had been rushed in 1859, but this side neglected. It was nearly fifty years before John Porter testing the ground with a hand auger, found wash and sank a shaft onto nuggets.
      From its size, more large nuggets have come from this lead than any other in the world. 703 oz, 675 oz, thirteen others over 100 oz, nineteen from 50-99 oz, fifty two from 20-49 oz and two hundred and eight from 1-19 oz. ... the Premier awarded [James Porter] £500 for the discovery. He was the last man to receive a reward for the discovery of a new goldfield in Victoria.
    • By vanursepaul
      New story thread....
      Leaving for OZ around May 4th this year--
      Can't reveal the details because it is super secret this year....
      But hope to be upload some better video this year---
      I have been searching for the simplest way to use a camera while in the field...
      I haven't found any yet that are that simple, most ways i have tried become so time consuming that they interfere with my fun and relaxation!!!
      ANd my TAsk mAster dont like it when i am ... "fkn around!" If he sees too many videos or pictures he will scold me...
      Maybe a selfie, "follow me" cheapie drone----- I could hang a piece of bait meat on it for the flies while it is hovering near me,,,LOLOL
      This is Jan 20th and I will be traveling to LA  on Feb 3rd ..for my last 3 months of "work"
      Carry on !

• By idahogold
      Victoria" Nice Dig! 🙃Ig

• By idahogold
      These "Blokes are Great! 😚 It's "Raw" but real" w lots of finds, ck their other vids for more. Enjoy! Ig

• By mn90403
      Every year some of us have an 'opportunity' to go to Australia and prospect for a few weeks.  Some of us pull the trigger and some of us don't. (I'm not talking 'Paul' type of trip where you outfit yourself for months.)
      Now is the time to book that type of trip.  I'm sure many Australians book trips also.
      Which tour has the 'best' three week or so, all in or tag along trip and to what part of Australia?  We'd be bringing our own detector, a 7000 and just want to get put on or near a gold patch or two.
      If you have been there and done that recently it would sure help to know your story.  Maybe this is the year to pull the trigger.
      Mitchel
    • By Rivers rat
      Hello to all !
      I may be able to sneak in my wife luggage in February when she will be training for her new Job in Australia .I believe she will be based in Perth.Is there any Gold rich field around there?????
      I dont want to stay indoor and i got the green light to go detecting.

Any infos will be welcome.

Thanks

RR