Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Row, meet ducks.. Plus how can one beat the reliable destination advice and go-with or meet-up offers extended by forum members for when you're there..?

It all adds up to sounding like a great trip in the making, Mitchel..! ?

Swamp

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Hi i landed yesterday and thats the car i rented ,but they gave me a MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER  not bad at all but......no nav 

RR

I have my google phone for nav.

5 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I have my google phone for nav.

Yep gonna get a sim card today 1 month 40gb is 40 bucks i think

RR

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

Yep gonna get a sim card today 1 month 40gb is 40 bucks i think

RR

How long did you make your trip?

15 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

How long did you make your trip?

I am leaving on the 11th of March ,gonna meet Ratgold this week.And plananother session with maybe a Shop next week ,i am Melbourne based,so few km of driving.Never prospect before but let s be fair i got trillions of hours of detecting behing me.

RR

• Like 1

Should I take the 19" coil with me?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 3:35 AM, Rivers rat said:

Hi i landed yesterday and thats the car i rented ,but they gave me a MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER  not bad at all but......no nav 

RR

It seems now I would be getting the same car.  How is it?  Can you sleep in it?  haha

On the insurance, my insurance company here will not cover anything outside of the United States.  My credit card will cover the collision up to $50,000 which is a savings of $11 a day on insurance.  Neither credit card or rental car talks about liability coverage.

Who offers that?

Mitchel

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

It seems now I would be getting the same car.  How is it?  Can you sleep in it?  haha

On the insurance, my insurance company here will not cover anything outside of the United States.  My credit card will cover the collision up to $50,000 which is a savings of $11 a day on insurance.  Neither credit card or rental car talks about liability coverage.

Who offers that?

Mitchel

Mitchell i got an insurance i paid 60 british pounds  to cover 1 year of vehicle rental .........60 days straight at the time ,worldwide except Jamaica and Island .......Saw a lot of outlander seems the vehicle of choice out here.I will try to find it today and send u the link.Lots of space in the boot i havent try to sleep inside and the windows aren't tinted enough......Will try to get it cleaned today has it is caked in track dust :)

Just found the insurance

https://www.worldwideinsure.com

RR

• Thanks 1

Ok, I think I just found the Holy Grail of rental car insurance information.  I feel better knowing the liability is included with the car registration fee.  The 'insurance' is basically against how much you would pay in the event of an accident but you are not going without insurance if you don't take the rental car company's excess policy.  My Visa card should take care of this.  They want me to use the card!  haha

https://www.choice.com.au/travel/on-holidays/car-hire/articles/car-hire-excess-and-hidden-fees