Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Just locked in 5 days off from the 24th - 28th of May.  

Would be great to catch up with you somewhere in there Mitchel. I will not have any real set plans so will follow your trails during your first 2 weeks in Oz and firm something up a little closer to the time. 

Be great to catch up with Reg, JR, Geofjunk, Jin and others that might be around at that time  ?

• Like 5

Thank you. 

So now it looks like the beginning and the end are a bit 'set.'   I would be pleased to swing with you.  Maybe I'll have a patch or two for you by then.  haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 11:03 PM, Trent King said:

Good luck Mitchel, I’m sure the Victorian boys will look after you. 

My favourite spot in Victoria is panning in Reedy Ck near Beechworth, gems and gold ??. ( I did a YouTube vid there a few years ago, should be able to find it with google)

I liked the video.  It has caused me to send an email to Pat Keene!

On 2/13/2019 at 11:28 PM, jrbeatty said:

Mitch: for communication, Mobile coverage is pretty good in Victoria. 

You can rent a smartphone here, or buy an Aussie Sim card for yours. I recommend Telstra for best coverage.

I see there is an online deal but I don't have any place to have it delivered.  Should I buy a sim at the airport?

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/mobiles-and-starter-kits#!/filter/brand//os//features/isSimStarterkit/type//sort/featured 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

You can get one cheaper than the airport at Woolies...

Mitch: Woolworths supermarkets, Telstra shops, whichever is the easiest. Probably dearer at the airports, like most things- - -

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi yes I have been tol Telstra  too,bought an Oziie phone and a Vodafone card was bad so  bad I got lost many time as I didn't know where the f....I was and we aren't talking nomans land we are talking:Maryborough and Dunolly

RR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the best on your entire adventure. I can only wish . . .

However, having said that, diving the Great Barrier Reef is still on the bucket list, and so is swinging a coil to chase some Aussie gold, so I'll not say never.

All the best, truly, 

Lanny

7 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Hi yes I have been tol Telstra  too,bought an Oziie phone and a Vodafone card was bad so  bad I got lost many time as I didn't know where the f....I was and we aren't talking nomans land we are talking:Maryborough and Dunolly

RR

Telstra is the only way to go IMHO. Best and most reliable coverage of all the telcos. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SteelPhase said:

Telstra is the only way to go IMHO. Best and most reliable coverage of all the telcos.

For sure, particularly in rural or remote areas.

Word of caution though - avoid the far cheaper Telstra network MVNO's such as Aldi, Belong, Southern Phone, etc. These lack (among other things) voice access to the 4GX network (VoLTE)