Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

We live in Dunolly and chose to purchase " Boost " from Australia Post . This is a Telstra Company and you get their full coverage . You have a choice of plans from $20 per month which covers everything you will require . Google boost and you  will find all the info you require . Hope you enjoy your trip to Australia and keep safe .

Cheers

goldrat

• Like 1

22 hours ago, goldrat said:

We live in Dunolly and chose to purchase " Boost " from Australia Post . This is a Telstra Company and you get their full coverage . You have a choice of plans from $20 per month which covers everything you will require . Google boost and you  will find all the info you require . Hope you enjoy your trip to Australia and keep safe .

Cheers

goldrat

The only problem with some of the cheaper off shoots is they do not use the full Telstra infrastructure in all areas. Most will have a map showing their coverage and what type of coverage in different areas. Plus look at the data vs call rates. As you will want to be downloading map data from Google etc, you'll probably want to make sure the plan has plenty of data available.

• Like 2

Boost has 100% Telstra coverage throughout Australia and their plans are great with plenty of choices . We choose $20 per month with unlimited texts and calls in Australia + unlimited International calls + 5GB Data . These monthly plans give you a choice up to $70 . The same benefits as above except Data is 80GB .

boost.com.au         will put you on site for perusal .       Hope this helps .

Cheers

goldrat586495759_ScreenShot2019-03-31at9_36_14AM.thumb.png.c3eb82664071cde4e3dbe93e8954f311.png1060114664_ScreenShot2019-03-31at9_34.42AM1.thumb.png.2c56bdc6372a594e11b8915fc008eb83.png988090729_ScreenShot2019-03-31at9_34_54AM.thumb.png.2b92740647885f35a4b907ec23946b69.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.36.14 AM.png

Boost is unique among MVNOs in that it’s the only one to use the full Telstra network. Others use only parts of it and may not offer the same level of coverage, especially in rural regions. However, where Boost differs is that it does not use Telstra’s full ‘4GX’ speed capacity, and has a speed cap on the 4G network – 100Mbps. 

Do any of the caravan parks or other places have wifi in their cabins?

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Do any of the caravan parks or other places have wifi in their cabins?

Mitch: Free Telstra Air wifi in most towns - part of the deal on a Telstra Prepaid Max sim plan

I'm on the $30 one personally. With bonuses and a databank, I never seem to run out of data and almost never use the free wifi..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so I'm about a month away from The Land Down Under and I've been doing some research.  I was sent to Prospecting Australia by members of this forum and after joining I've started to look at the top 'pinned' threads.  They have been a real education in terminology and persistence.  Please look at them all if you want to learn about Australian gold but of particular interest has been the prospecting, detecting and pictures provided by Minelab Gold.

He started this thread in 2016 and shows a step by step way to get nuggets in Australia.  I wish we had such a thread.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19429