Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Best of Luck to You !! Be Safe and remember to have Fun, Take Pictures & Please Share Them !!!!

2 hours ago, fredmason said:

A set of smart-wool long johns are very light weight for extra warmth without bulk...I highly suggest you get some. REI sells them.

Also, a light weight water proof wind breaker...

fred

You are correct there Fred!!!!!!

i almost froze last year in June... I have 2 12volt blankets this year to keep me from gassing myself with the cooking stove that I was using for heat last year☠️

Plus I couldn’t find any clothes big enough for an OutbackYank?

19 days for me!!!!?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredmason said:

A set of smart-wool long johns are very light weight for extra warmth without bulk...I highly suggest you get some. REI sells them.

Also, a light weight water proof wind breaker...

fred

I have the rain/wind breaker covered.  I also have a double thick pair of jeans that sees me through some of our sub freezing winter detecting here.  One thing I also got recently are some Costco outdoor weatherproof socks.  They are way better than the white athletic socks I wear for everything.  It is a great boot sock.

Keep the suggestions coming.

• Like 2

I know a topic I haven't brought up yet.  Exchange.

What is best?  My bank has Westpac as a partner in Australia.  Are there still fees on a debit card?  Is it better to exchange some before I go or get some from the ATM when I land?

I always exchange before i travel and i shop around.Just my 2 cents.

i saw a lot of good gear(work gear) in Oz .Shoes and cloth bought some and i am very happy with them .

RR

Better value I imagine for you folks as our $ has been falling steadily.

I was reading that some banks or ATM exchanges charge 3% or more each time.  I just thought I'd avoid extra fees if I knew how.