Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

I'm heading over to Canada and the US in 2 months. My wife organized a cash passport card. Got it through the banks. You load up any amount of money and it acts as a credit card. You can top it up via the bank or online. Was suggested by the travel agent instead of using a personal credit card. You pay the exchange rate of the dollar on the day you load up the card minus a small percentage (profit for the bank) My wife tells me its a lot cheaper using the cash card instead of a personal card as there are no ongoing transaction fees. Well also take a small amount of cash to incase credit cards aren't excepted.

• Thanks 1

Cash is king..........i always travelled with cash ,and a card just in case leaving the big sum in a safe depend where i m,you can negotiate with cash even in the high street............Thing is with Changing money if you got a good rate you could treat yourself even more:)

RR

• 3 weeks later...
<iframe width="300" height="154" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2464212" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Let's see if this works. (It didn't  ?)

It is a countdown clock for when Mitchy drops in to Melbourne town (if anyone knows how to embed it I would be appreciative).  

https://countingdownto.com/?c=2464216

...and the drama unfolds. Looking forward to seeing what the Gold God's have in store for you Mitchel. I'm sure it will be memorable. 

(Fred's tip is spot on. The banks can ruin almost anything especially a good trip.)

I am sure things have improved in the OutBack since 2000...my first trip I had to beg a bank to give me cash to pay Doug Stone...they said they had to keep the currency for the locals...

That is a tight economy.

fred

Here in Victoria money should be no problem. Card or cash. It's not like out in the 'boondocks' of WA or north Queensland. Don't go mad on what you bring clothes wise as clothing is cheap here, and plenty of choice. The weather is not going to be freezing, although the nights can be chilly. I have a good pick for you, and any other gear you may need. Suggest you buy a pair of Oliver boots while you are here. They are just the best.  See you soon Mitchel.

Stocking up on popcorn awaiting the intrepid traveler's tales. Legends begin this way...

Power plug adapter ... I don't have one yet for house and/or car.  I think the car will be 12V but what is best for plug?

Mitchel, you should be able to get any adapter you need at the airport.

• Thanks 1