Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

21 minutes ago, SteelPhase said:

Mitchel did send me a message but I wasnt on my computer all day so I missed it until it was too late. Bell is great for surfers (none take anything valuable near the water except for their boards) and generally tourists only get as far as the carpark .

As for the gold - you'd be better off picking a spot and giving yourself at least a few days. The first day you'll be buzzing from spot to spot not really covering the ground properly. On the second day you will have gotten over the initial excitement and slowed down. The gold here isnt that easy to find and it takes time and patience (unless your that kid who tripped over a nugget in Bendigo).

Yes, I resemble that kid in the candy store when it comes to the gold fields.

I do know a bit about surf and I read my surf report and this was going to be the best surf for a week.  It just happened to have a low tide.  I'm satisfied with 'wasting' my Sunday based on the surf and the famous surfing spots I saw.  All of that made me feel good.

Now I need a feel good nugget.  It doesn't have to be a sunbaker but I can't find them 5 feet deep either.  I've got a lot to learn.

Thanks for helping me to focus.

Mitchel

• Like 1

I'm packing up now.  I don't know where I'll stay tonight but I'll have some tea and a cup a noodles and be off soon.  Everything is charged and ready to go.  It still may take me an hour ... haha

24 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

So true you are ... yesterday I was in bush where I needed to watch the sun while I was on a reef then I remembered the gps on the 7000.  I also have the phone so it is exactly as you say.  I know JP thinks it is a resource hog but I'm glad it works down here too.  I could walk outside of its distances and then I would need my phone/camera to get back to the car.

I haven`t worn a watch for maybe 30 years and I don`t carry a GPS so I find the GPS on the 7000 very helpful.    I have my user button set to the GPS.     Most of the time I run the 7000 with the gps off, but if I want to know the time or I`m using the gps to find the vehicle, or to mark a way point or find, it`s very easy to turn the gps on and off.  I hope you get some gold today Mitchel.    ?   Dave 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phoenix said:

I haven`t worn a watch for maybe 30 years and I don`t carry a GPS so I find the GPS on the 7000 very helpful.    I have my user button set to the GPS.     Most of the time I run the 7000 with the gps off, but if I want to know the time or I`m using the gps to find the vehicle, or to mark a way point or find, it`s very easy to turn the gps on and off.  I hope you get some gold today Mitchel.    ?   Dave 

I'm going to be out swinging on right and wrong places today.  If I get over gold I'll hear it.

I Hopped on my quad bike yesterday afternoon just to take a run up to top of the Hill to check out phone service. After that I saw some quartz That got my attention so I drove over there and   Then  over there,  and then over there , next thing you know I looked around and went uh-oh.

so I decided which way I should go to get back to camp drove that way just for a little bit and then I checked my phone with the map app I have on it and Of course I was going about 90° the wrong way. It’s easy to mess up out here.

And I won’t be depending on my phone alone again.... it almost died before I got to camp .........digging out my gps today

like  Norvic told me , it’s the little stuff you forget that will get you killed here,,,,and getting lost is one of the most common

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On another note, I just got a text from Adam.  He has figured out the 'code' so I can receive text.  

I called my T-Mobile service a few hours ago and they told me I needed to text with either  a 1 or 011 then 61 and then then number.  I have just tried that.  So, I have to edit my Australian phone numbers so it can text.

Its a learning curve folks ... haha

Also, I have friends who hunt smarter than I do.  They show up later and find more gold so for me to spend a few more minutes here on the computer could help rather than hurt.

If I go missing I'm headed for Inglewood and Kingower.  That is the plan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

If I go missing I'm headed for Inglewood and Kingower.  That is the plan.

No worries Mitchel.     Inglewood-Kingower is only about 300 square miles.   We`ll find you in no time? Dave

• Haha 1