Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

11 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Mitch: PM sent. Good luck!

JR,

Thanks.  I was sitting in the middle of Long Gully eating some lunch and I was able to log in to the forum here.  I saw your message.

Now I have learned how to text an Aussie phone number from my system.  I take your phone number and put a +61 in front of it.  It has to have the plus sign.  That is how I sent a message to Adam and I can send and receive from anyone now.

I'm still looking for that first Australian gold nugget.  I found some sort of thing that is a 'nugget' but I don't know what it is.  It was under that piece of quartz.  Looking at it just now and washing it off it has a little weight to it but for gold it would need to be heavier.  It's not magnetic so I should soak it in some vinegar before I break it up. 

Update, update ... with a bright flashlight I think I see some gold!  I had to wash it ... let me soak it and get a better picture.  It is somewhat porous and not all gold but it might be the first!

Mitchel

IMG_20190514_145807.jpg

IMG_20190514_145804.jpg

2 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

It is somewhat porous and not all gold but it might be the first!

?

It looks like a piece of lead?  But I hope it is the real deal.   

2 minutes ago, Northeast said:

?

It looks like a piece of lead?  But I hope it is the real deal.   

That is what I thought when I put it in my pocket.  I'll have to confirm it but it looks 'good' with a bright light.  I soak it in more water tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

yep look like lead.............:minelab:

RR

Most of it is nothing but this isn't even lead that is solid ... a pour off or something.  I just poured some diet coke on it.

• Like 1

Mitch: Tons of lead in the bush.  200 year Aussie legacy of shooting at anything that moves. 

At least shallow junk indicates that bit of ground hasn't been detected. Did you manage to have a look at the area I suggested?

Now the 'yellow' specks I saw on it is turning milky like caliche instead.  It's still an odd nugget.  I can't tell if natural (not likely) or just lost from someone.

6 minutes ago, jrbeatty said:

Mitch: Tons of lead in the bush.  200 year Aussie legacy of shooting at anything that moves. 

At least shallow junk indicates that bit of ground hasn't been detected. Did you manage to have a look at the area I suggested?

Yes, that piece is from there.  I saw several of your dig holes around some exposed rock.  It was just before you get to that clearing.  I spent over 4 hours on it.  I found some trash and one hot rock that would lightl stick to my magnet.  It sounded off but I couldn't find any more.

Big area to look there and mostly shallow. If you can, spend more time there. At least it isn't flogged like all the known mapped areas are. Likeliest ground is in the bush between the clearing and the lane.

Just to keep you encouraged, here's one of the bits from there:

2zrhput.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Definitely no gold in or on it now.  Even lead should weigh more.

• Like 1