Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

I don't know if the Golden Triangle has gold that will stick to a magnet but the NT and northern WA does...look very carefully.

I think you will know when you find that first Oz nugget...don't faint when you do!

• Haha 1

I'm going to a Bendigo park today.  There are many to choose from but Adam has suggested one.

Thanks everyone who has sent PMs.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Ok, let me update and observe.  In honor of Phrunt I went to Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC to him) tonight and got a favorites meal.  It's finger lickin good!

I've checked in early tonight and got a fantastic place at the A Line Holiday park.  It has a queen downstairs and 3 twin beds upstairs.  I am in #7 but there are more of these A frames than that.  What a deal.  I got it because I used my phone (the cell is working on my T-Mobile with unlimited text and data) while I was at Whipstick detecting.  The last couple of days I detected all day and got what was left of the rooms at the end of the day.  This would/could be a longer term place to stay depending on my research tonight.  It is part of southern Bendigo.

Now to the detecting.  I suck.  I've got nothing to show for this first few days.  I've gone to a couple of places I picked out before the trip, a couple of places where other told me to go and just looked at workings and stopped but my Australian algorithms haven't kicked in yet and I haven't gotten lucky hunting the roads and parking areas!  haha

Tonight I need to look at my options for the next few days and perhaps get some comments.  Let'm fly while I eat chicken.

Mitchel

• Like 1

You should have told me yesterday.  I was near there at the Bendigo Goldfields Inn.  I opted out of the Foundry Bistro and got a Hungry Jack (Burger King in Australia) to go (take away).  haha

Both you and phrunt have really bad taste in food. Chain store rubbish. You can eat that crap in America Mitchel. That sort of food is why Australia and America have so many obese people. Bogun food. Should be banned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I ate well in Oz i was lucky every time then ..........i also brought back jams,honey and chutneys which i bought on a local market in Warrnambool ,top breakfast in Appollo bay and had a fab burger in ......forgot the name just to name a few.Everywhere i had coffee it was better than UK .

The best was Goldrat BBQ and wife salad buffet but that s another story....:nugget:

RR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Ok, let me update and observe.  In honor of Phrunt I went to Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC to him) tonight and got a favorites meal.  It's finger lickin good!

I've checked in early tonight and got a fantastic place at the A Line Holiday park.  It has a queen downstairs and 3 twin beds upstairs.  I am in #7 but there are more of these A frames than that.  What a deal.  I got it because I used my phone (the cell is working on my T-Mobile with unlimited text and data) while I was at Whipstick detecting.  The last couple of days I detected all day and got what was left of the rooms at the end of the day.  This would/could be a longer term place to stay depending on my research tonight.  It is part of southern Bendigo.

Now to the detecting.  I suck.  I've got nothing to show for this first few days.  I've gone to a couple of places I picked out before the trip, a couple of places where other told me to go and just looked at workings and stopped but my Australian algorithms haven't kicked in yet and I haven't gotten lucky hunting the roads and parking areas!  haha

Tonight I need to look at my options for the next few days and perhaps get some comments.  Let'm fly while I eat chicken.

Mitchel

Pro tip #36. Stop moving around so much, you have near been to more areas in Victoria then I have.  Pick an area and stick at it till you get gold.

I noticed you only spent 1 day at Wedderburn, the caravan park there is cheap to stay at and literally right on the gold.  I sent a newbie there a couple years back and he got his first nugget a 2.5oz piece 300m from the back fence.  If your getting rubbish it’s not flogged, have some faith in your research and stick to it, good luck mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

here is your dinner tomorrow night Mitchel, https://www.redrooster.com.au/locations/bendigo/

Grab yourself a half chicken and chips!  One of my favourites!

Or snag yourself the lunch deal!

J1278_May-June-Value-Campaigns_1429x625_QTR_ChickenChips_v01.png

We don't have Red Rooster in NZ but I always make it my first stop when I go to OZ.

You should have come to NZ, we could have had you find your first Kiwi nuggets in a day ?

I’m a bit suss on your nugget in a day comment mate, how come you haven’t been picking them up if it’s so easy?

12 minutes ago, Trent King said:

Pro tip #36. Stop moving around so much, you have near been to more areas in Victoria then I have.  Pick an area and stick at it till you get gold.

I noticed you only spent 1 day at Wedderburn, the caravan park there is cheap to stay at and literally right on the gold.  I sent a newbie there a couple years back and he got his first nugget a 2.5oz piece 300m from the back fence.  If your getting rubbish it’s not flogged, have some faith in your research and stick to it, good luck mate.

Thanks Trent.

I don't even know where the caravan park is!  haha  I'll look for it now.

Ah, I see a problem also.  My Google Maps only show 'Parks' and not the State Forests.  I've only been going to Green Parks to look for workings.

That is just like my hotels app which didn't give me any place to stay there so I drove back to Bendigo.