Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Guys, guys ... you gotta see a place before you know if you like it.  There could have been nugget suicide on one of those places where I swung.  As a matter of fact at least half were pointer spots (someone else did the research and found gold there before me and shared the spot).  Thanks, I'll try more.  One more today before camping on a spot in the cold.

I'm not dragging a trailer around so I can and will go back.  No matter where I stay I'm about an hour back to any spot I've been to so far and I assure you if I would have found gold I would have stayed.

Fun would be finding lots of nuggets.  Enjoying myself I am.  I've done a little sampling of foods, a little souvenir buying and seen lots of things I've never seen before.  One of the things I've realized is that Australia is just one big kangaroo graveyard!

I'm off soon to tickle some more bones with my coil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Mitchel...you won't see the forest for the trees. Too much to do in such a short time. Like a kid in a candy store. Pat is right. But hey.....enjoy yourself..... & I hope you find some gold. My fingers are crossed for you.

Very best of luck to you out there.

JW ?  

JW,

As a distant observer ... if you had a map with hundreds of gold locations and workings in it and you were getting inputs from people who have been here and done that ... how would you decide which is the ONE place you would camp for 1/3 of your trip?

I admit I'm doing a bit of sampling for two reasons.  One reason is that I might not ever make it back here so I do want to see a bit from just a 'talk about it' perspective.  I've decided to do this in the beginning of my trip.  The second reason is what would happen if I 'camped' on a spot and my results are the same as I have now.  I'd be wishing that I moved.

A 'happy medium' is gold.  If I would have already found some this conjecture would be a waste of my time.  I'd just show you picks of the nuggets and let them do the talking.  

Now maybe I can swing with a clearer head!

I think you should call on that fantastic luck you had before you knew what you were doing...

forget everything I ever said and use that magic...

make me proud, Mitchel.

And, even if you don't find a nuggie you have seen the elephant!

fred

• Like 3

I'm calling it Fred ... time to go.  Another report later.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

A 'happy medium' is gold

Here is a happy medium. Hope she finds you some gold today ?

1E0FFFF3-165C-49C5-93FD-42A7DAEF98B4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As long as you are enjoying yourself Mitchel. I have to admit that I'd probably be doing the same as you. Lets face it, with any adventure, the journey is often as good as the destination.

Enjoy and good luck.

• Like 1

SteelPhase, as far as life is concerned, the journey is far preferable to the destination.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mitchel, I think you’ve found gold already so many friends and supporters cheering you on in the wonderful land of Oz. I wish I could offer some small clue but lost I’d be And site seeing I’d be doing probably more than you are I’m sure. Anyway great thread and I’m excited to see that first nugget and then all the others. There’s a lot of positive energy focused in your direction best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yup, we're all rooting for you!

I'm just waiting for the day you come back with a photo of your first OZ gold. ?

Me too!  haha

4 hours ago, kiwijw said:

The golds just an excuse Mitchel. Enjoy yourself regardless.

JW ? 

I am, I found an interesting button today.  This was booming for a long time in the hole.  The problem was that I was not into 'original' soil so I couldn't get my hopes up.  It is the second button I've found.  I'll have to take some time and make better pictures.

Thanks for your wishes.

IMG_20190516_165001.jpg

IMG_20190516_164929.jpg

• Like 1