Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Relief! Good going Mitchel, you have a bunch of posters smiling at your first gold. The skunk has been banished. Keep it going...

• Thanks 1

Congrats on getting rid of The skunk. Like first landing on the moon, That OZ nugget is one small step for prospectors and a giant step for Mitchel ! Now you can go get Big Momma with a settled mind. As one of many in your group of supporters and cavorters, thanks for easing our mind.? May you hear the singing warble everyday.

Curtis

• Haha 1

Yes... as all the others have said, Congratulation!  Now you can rest a bit easier with maybe a hair less pressure knowing your prospecting skills were good enough to get you some sassy Aussie gold.  Well the first is always the hardest as they say ... go get yourself some more!  But above all else... take in the experience.  Hats off to you Mitchel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelPhase said:

Well done Mitchel. I knew you'd get something.

Sorry I haven't been able to catch up with you but this week has been so busy with work and next week I am away.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing more of the yellow from you.

regards

Pat

Well, it is just a matter of a few steps I'd say.  After finding that piece I had another 30 minutes or so before dark and didn't find another one.  I could have come to St. Arnaud Country Road Motel with nothing.  I'm at the mid point of the trip.  I'll work more at reefy locations for a bit and go back to this one today.

I still need a good beach to detect.  Ocean Grove you say?

Mitchel

It is a rather bleak day today compared to the last few.  It looks like it could snow.  Yesterday I got so warm and wet from sweat I had to take off my warm pants and put on regular jeans.

Time to bundle up and get back other there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

You won't find gold sitting on the forum ?

I could parse that a bit and say that it is better to have a good place to go rather than just go and sometimes that can come from a forum member.  haha

I'll save the research and do ground research now.  haha

• Like 1

As I was leaving this morning my neighbor in the motel was leaving and he was detecting near me yesterday as it turns out.  He showed me 3 little bits he had found in the last couple of days.  It was good to talk with someone using a 5000 and a 2300.  That bit of research this morning on the way out the door led me to get a second bit today about .4g or so.  It is the same size as the one he found.  His buddy got skunked so I'm doing average for the last couple of days.

More later ...

IMG_20190519_131115.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, mn90403 said:

It is a rather bleak day today compared to the last few.  It looks like it could snow.  Yesterday I got so warm and wet from sweat I had to take off my warm pants and put on regular jeans.

Time to bundle up and get back other there.

It turned out to be a rather nice day.  It was warm enough.  I'll be headed to Maryborough tomorrow and work my way down there.  It is too far to the beach from St. Arnaud.