Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Guest AussieDigs
1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

Good on yas 

put him on a short ether ?

“Ether”? 

‘an illicit drug to induce sedation and euphoria’ ?

7 hours ago, Northeast said:

5 days starting Friday we are going to catch up with Mitchel.  

Myself, Elusive (from this forum) and hopefully my wife's cousin from Bendigo will be hitting some spots and hopefully all finding some colours.  

We are also catching up with Reg Wilson on Friday and heading to Maryborough for a bit of QED fine tuning and testing a few machines on the Coiltek test site and then Reg may continue to join in our hunting over the weekend if he wishes.  I have been getting targets with the QED but have been hitting flogged patches and not getting deep targets.  Testing some known targets at known depths will hopefully give me some confidence re: the QED and its different settings and, possibly more importantly, confidence in the coils I have.  

Hopefully some company this weekend for Mitchel will bring some yellow as well  ?

I'm looking forward to it.  I found one of those Phoenix types of nuggets today (I think).  It looks different than the bbs but it is so close in shape ... I need more than my glasses to confirm.  I've got more spots for the next few days and I want to get down and see Ballarat.

This is where I've spent my time ... 3 days in Maldon (getting training, adjusted after the flight and rain delay), 1 day at beach, 3 days in Wedderburn, 1 day Inglewood/Kingower, 1 day in Bendigo, 2 days in St Arnaud and now at least 3 days in Maryborough and then the rest of the trip.

I've been messaging Adam and he has been giving me advice also.  Thanks Adam.

• Like 4

Sad about the kangaroo, just have to accept that's life sometimes. Kudos for going out of your way to find help. (put it out of its misery)   

• Like 4

I like most people who detect have a pocket full of bbs.  I haven't been able to get on a location where more than one nugget has been missed.  Early on when I got here the idea and practice of targeting such small gold was not my object.  I wanted to find the bigger, deeper targets.  I still do but that is an 'easy idea' and a difficult thing to accomplish.  That is the Holy Grail of the Golden Triangle.  It might get you here but those pieces are reserved for extreme luck or superior research.  I've had to go for a few bread and butter stops.

Headed for the big city tonight.  Ballarat here I come.  I don't think I'm going to make time for the Sovereign Hill.   I might trade it for one of my unproductive days!

https://www.sovereignhill.com.au/sovereign-hill/

• Like 1