Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

9 hours ago, Northeast said:

There has been some fine analogies recently.  I like this one too.   

DP forum has become detectorphilospher.com  

Be warned, I am still but a Grass Hopper.  However, I guess the mind set I have now changed to is 'go big or go home'.  I have the luxury of going some time between nuggets in the hope that those nuggets are sizeable.  I don't envy Mitchel as he does not have the luxury of time on a trip like this.   

But don't worry,  I will be trying to get us on to something decent - it is in the best interests of both of us  ?

Adam, not to worry mate.  I've spent all of this time out in the bush and you've helped me all along the way with your texts.  That won't ever be forgotten.

And Norvic mentioned someone coming to the states and looking for nuggets and where would I tell you to go?  I'd take you to the same places I go and have 'limited' success now.  I get skunked there often so I'm familiar with that result.  I just thought here there were so many hundreds of places to look that I could get more lucky than I have.  I have a pocket full of bbs to show it hasn't all been hunted.

We'll have a time of it and make some memories.  I'll take those home with me.

• Like 2

The weather has turned to cloudy and rain a bit ...

38 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

The weather has turned to cloudy and rain a bit ...

Tomorrow Morning looks okay, bit damp in the afternoon. Are you still going to be around Maryborough tomorrow?

I am here now. I'm unable to get out of the car it is raining so hard. I have another night in Avoca. 

Just now, mn90403 said:

I am here now. I'm unable to get out of the car it is raining so hard. I have another night in Avoca. 

I am happy to catch up tomorrow morning if you want to go for a swing in the morning?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mop said:

I am happy to catch up tomorrow morning if you want to go for a swing in the morning?

That would be good Mop.  Nice to put a face to a name. 

Im camping tonight on a spot that I wanted to check out. Turns out there was quite a bit of surfacing done here back in the day. 

Meeting Mitchel west of the Maryborough airport tomorrow if you want to meet us there. 

Or if you have a secret spot you wish to let us know about  ?

• Like 1

I will see how I go, will be heading out around 8.30 - 9am. I will head west of the airport & see if I run into anyone.

• Like 1

I'm going to try and be around where Adam is around daylight.  The weather is closing in based upon the report I just saw.

Good luck in that area......?...... I got quite a few nugget near the airport in the bush as well as in the Alma district back in the VLF days.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Good luck in that area......?...... I got quite a few nugget near the airport in the bush as well as in the Alma district back in the VLF days.

One of the few times on this trip that someone has put a found nugget to a place!  haha  We'll see if any are left in the cold, clear air and wet ground.

• Like 1