Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Time to look for a nugget.

• Like 1

Met up with Mitchel, Northeast & another forum member (sorry, didn't get your profile name not to mention I am terrible with names anyway) and we went out to a spot I have done okay in the past. The area was a mix of surfacing, some reef workings and slopes down into gully's so a mix of very shallow to deeper ground.

I could only stay for a few hours but found one in the area, down about a foot, so gold is still there, hopefully the others got onto some nuggets & will post them up.

1.64 gm.jpg

• Like 9

Mop,

It was nice meeting you. Thanks for taking us to your spot! We could have cleaned it out but you are the man.

The three of us tried but no joy today.  I thought I had one and you thought I had one but after giving it a scrape and getting into the quartz it was out.   #%&@^ bb again

I'll go back and give it another shot.  I think there is still gold there too and it is a 'distance' from town.

Mitchel

• Like 2

Great to meet you today Mop.  It is always dicey meeting ‘some rando’ off a forum but so far the people I have met have been helpful, cheerful and friendly. And you were no exception ?

Muchly appreciate you taking us to your spot. Respectfully we left all the gold there for you  ?

We are heading out west of the airport in the morning tomorrow if you wanted to join us again. 

Sunday is gold day!!!! 

• Like 1

Ahh damn, I was sure you would get onto some. Good luck tomorrow, unfortunately I have commitments so all the nuggets are yours.

Hope the Blues get over the line, Port were crap today.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mn90403 said:

The three of us tried but no joy today.  I thought I had one and you thought I had one but after giving it a scrape and getting into the quartz it was out.   #%&@^ bb again

Darn ... the gold gods are evil tossing out bbs.  And I thought those little bugger with digging legs were only common here in the states.  I am always amazed at their ability to get down in the tiniest of cracks.

Still, it sounds like one hell of an adventure Mitchel!  Meeting new friends is the best.

• Like 1

It is definitely an adventure that is coming to an end.  I've got 2 or 3 more days of prospecting depending on how I spend my time.

We are going to hunt a Bendigo spot tomorrow.  Today's 2 spots produce one nugget for Elusive and his 2300.  Adam and I are behind in the nugget count.

Tomorrow is a new day.

• Oh my! 1