Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

It has been great to spend a few days with you Mitchel.  Those amongst the forums may feel that we 'get to know each other' in some way via a keyboard but it is not until you shake a hand, wander the bush and have a few conversations together that you make a real connection.  

I very much appreciate the meteorite too.  Had a look on Google maps at Gold basin, Santa Monica Beach (380 miles each way) - it's nice to get a sense of where it came from and the effort it has taken you to find it only just to hand it over to me  ?

Pity I couldn't put you on to some decent gold but I gave it a shot.  When my friend today talked of 5 grammers, 20 piece trees, 5 pieces of 2 grams all within metres of each other it is hard to believe that all the 2 of us could get the last 2 days was your small piece this morning. 

I suppose when you pick over the carcasses left by others before you, there is often not much 'meat' left on the bones.   

It's a shame the long shot at Marong didn't pay off for us.

For me it is now back to the research to find a fresh patch rather than a depleted one.  

Best of luck with your one last foray tomorrow, hope the hire car passes its final examinations and I am sure the real gold will be waiting for you in LA on Thursday morning California time.

Safe travels  ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Success is something you always spar with . . .

Trying to find nuggets is no different, no matter where you chase them, but memories, they last, and what an adventure you've had!

Thanks for the tag-along, and all the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

Yeah, MN as per Lanny, Thanks for the tag-along, twas a great adventure to follow.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed your adventure Mitchel as I was out of phone reception for most of the time.

It's a shame you didn't get more gold but I really hope you enjoyed your time here regardless.

regards Pat

• Thanks 1

Just a note for those following along about the car.  I did get a bill from the car company.  It was a bill for Premium Station Surcharge of 27% for $150!  This was in the fine print of the contract but I didn't know until after I turned the car in.  The original amount for the 21 days was $450 so the car cost me $600 and I didn't pay any insurance because I got a waiver from VISA that they would cover the insurance.  I didn't get any charges for scratches ... yet.  I don't know how many days they could still find them.  I would argue that it is too late to charge me for that now.  The invoice said I was just under 3000 ML/Miles!

• Like 1