Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

I'm reading my research notes that I made 2-3 months ago before I came on this trip.  I didn't know how true this link was until now.  Now I've got an idea and agree with the way to hunt.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21826

Fred,

I need to read this stuff while I'm still here.  I need to know what was removed before I got here!

Like this:

http://www.finders.com.au/gold-pages/australian-goldfields/victorian-goldfields/

Some of the Xs on my Google Maps came from these descriptions.  Location, location, location.

Now I know why research and not just walk about is so important here.

We have a hard rain now.  I don't know how long it will last.

Mitchel;

I do not think you need to worry so much about the history. Literally anywhere you have time to get to has been hit hard. That gold is gone, gone, gone. 

You don't really have time to prospect for new areas, no matter what some people are saying. You do have time to work the edges and a little beyond...very carefully.

Yes, you are in Australia, but, the principals are not changed...do not over think this.

I hope you Realize that I am trying to help...no harm intended.

fred

I know Fred.  

I have some pointy finger spots left.  That is how I found the gold I have now.  The object here is like the object there of getting your coil over a piece of gold that has not been found of course.

Research here is like going to My Land Matters or a similar map that shows past workings (Doug Stone's Maps) and throwing a dart at it and going.  And going and going or working and working ... I've done a little of both.  I need gold within a foot of the surface if I'm going to find it.

Now there is a light rain.  I get a map and go (since I don't have a local or guide) or I use the pointy finger.  Life is a choice.  I'm ok with the results now.  I've got a couple of pieces.  I know what it is all about again.

Thanks for sticking with me.  We've had this 'where do I go' discussion about many places.  I can think of Yuma, Gold Basin, Rye Patch ... did I leave any out?  haha

I'll report at the end of the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I know Fred.  

I have some pointy finger spots left.  That is how I found the gold I have now.  The object here is like the object there of getting your coil over a piece of gold that has not been found of course.

Research here is like going to My Land Matters or a similar map that shows past workings (Doug Stone's Maps) and throwing a dart at it and going.  And going and going or working and working ... I've done a little of both.  I need gold within a foot of the surface if I'm going to find it.

Now there is a light rain.  I get a map and go (since I don't have a local or guide) or I use the pointy finger.  Life is a choice.  I'm ok with the results now.  I've got a couple of pieces.  I know what it is all about again.

Thanks for sticking with me.  We've had this 'where do I go' discussion about many places.  I can think of Yuma, Gold Basin, Rye Patch ... did I leave any out?  haha

I'll report at the end of the day.

I was sure hoping would have some new friends show you around a bit. That what I understood was going to happen when you rocked up. I could never have found the gold nor developed the friendships I have without actually camping, fossicking ,and fishing together.

But I could have been reading my experiences in to the beginning of  your thread and just assumed you had people lined up to take you for a swing....

Sounds like you are having a good time and that’s good! 

? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Paul;

Life tends to get in the way of the Best of Intentions...

Mitchel has stuck to it and found gold... 

And he has a few more days to go...

fred

Lol Fred....

i was hoping you were gonna suit up and fly in to give him some “re-education” classes....and a set of horse hobbled to slow him down ?

One thing about Mitch..... you can’t say he didn’t see that area of Sustralia pretty dam well 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

some new friends show you around a bit

5 days starting Friday we are going to catch up with Mitchel.  

Myself, Elusive (from this forum) and hopefully my wife's cousin from Bendigo will be hitting some spots and hopefully all finding some colours.  

We are also catching up with Reg Wilson on Friday and heading to Maryborough for a bit of QED fine tuning and testing a few machines on the Coiltek test site and then Reg may continue to join in our hunting over the weekend if he wishes.  I have been getting targets with the QED but have been hitting flogged patches and not getting deep targets.  Testing some known targets at known depths will hopefully give me some confidence re: the QED and its different settings and, possibly more importantly, confidence in the coils I have.  

Hopefully some company this weekend for Mitchel will bring some yellow as well  ?

• Like 4