Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Mitchel;

You might consider renting a 2300 or GPZ and take the 800 for backup and the beach...

I always take the control box in my carry-on and put the rest in my suitcase....I also take the owner's manual in my carry-on and put a copy on top of my stuff in the stowed baggage...the regs always say to carry-on any "Sensitive Electronics"...

On the other hand you might ask Paul- but- I think he left that part home last year...

since you are only flying to Sydney or Melbourne it should be simple... 

fred

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I found this thread:

On 2/18/2019 at 4:55 PM, phrunt said:

Yup, JW's right there, it seems to depend a lot on airline, here is a basic guide from Airsafe.com

http://www.airsafe.com/issues/baggage/rechargeable-batteries.htm

Batteries are best left in the device, which is an issue for something like a GPX ?

The GPX battery is technically contained with in the device. I think they mean loose cells or packs. The GPX battery is fine to be shipped by air freight so should be ok to travel with. 

Ok, about a car.  I see I could get an AWD Hyundai Tucson  for $23 a day.  Is that enough to follow a few prospectors if I avoid the deep holes?  haha

One website says I'd have to pay a surcharge if I am over 65 and another ones says the surcharge is over 70.  This is the first time I've see either one.

18 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Ok, about a car.  I see I could get an AWD Hyundai Tucson  for $23 a day.  Is that enough to follow a few prospectors if I avoid the deep holes?  haha

One website says I'd have to pay a surcharge if I am over 65 and another ones says the surcharge is over 70.  This is the first time I've see either one.

I drove a 2wd Mercedes Vito Van around the goldfields for a few years without issue. You just have to be aware of the cars limitations with regard to ground clearance etc. and use common sense. Nearly all the tracks I go on are suitable for 2wd cars. Of course if we get a lot of rain some tracks may become difficult but not impossible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Hi i landed yesterday and thats the car i rented ,but they gave me a MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER  not bad at all but......no nav 

RR