Detecting Shorelines & Being Prepared

Nice finds !! you bring the thunder I just bring a decent size spark !!!!!!   :smile:

• Haha 1

Great story Gerry! I was freezing reading it.Lol! Thanks for the awesome photos. It really adds a nice touch to an awesome post.

Best of Luck!

BH

• Haha 1

Sweet saves, my friend! You do realize that snow is a 4-letter “s” word, right?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Detecting Shorelines & Being Prepared

Hi Gerry… can’t doubt your determination after reading about this adventurous trip into the high country overlooking Lake Tahoe!!! I don’t know how you could brave water detecting in winter conditions without a wetsuit, but the scenery alone was certainly worth the visit. We can only imagine what a welcome surprise that picturesque area was to the first explorers and later settlers.

As a longtime water hunter and outdoor enthusiast, I’ve also made decisions that resulted in late night travel in remote areas, sleeping in strange places, and pursuing cold weather detecting activities as per the photo below. That’s my prospecting camp in early October, not that unusual, but snow never stays that early in the season. So while unplanned changes on the road frequently lead to inconvenience, nonetheless I do admire your determination to follow your instincts and pursue your objectives.

1078216241_CAMPLATESEPTEMBERSF.JPG.b0e360b8f20c62dc18725048a4283bca.JPG

I first viewed your photos before reading the text of your post. Couldn’t help but notice the jug of Double Nut Brown Ale, it must look awfully good to a thirsty wayfarer!!! I use a similar looking  jug for mixing frozen fruit juices, as illustrated below. A bit of a coincidence, so I took a photo just for the heck of it!!!         

1894268736_DRINKJUGSF.JPG.0cfc754d6d74e6ea5e9c475f3a80e219.JPG

Finally did read your article, an impromptu and enjoyable narrative. Congratulations on your recoveries, particularly that handsome gold ring. The silver dime shows some deterioration but to me a seated liberty is a beautiful piece of history in any condition. 

I also like the last photo of you standing in the snow, elevating your scoop and detector. You look content and happy to be in those environs, doing what you enjoy on your own terms. Many thanks for sharing the trip with us, and for the descriptive photos too!!! :cool:

Jim.

PS: Would have preferred to reply sooner, but my computer has usually been unable to  either post to, or sign off this forum. The issue could be mine because it recently went in to the repair shop. No  operating issues elsewhere to date.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wait... I thought you went to Mexico lol... Nice to see the CTX is still sniffing out the yellow metal. Are you sure thats beer and not an oil change ? :biggrin:

strick

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, strick said:

Wait... I thought you went to Mexico lol... Nice to see the CTX is still sniffing out the yellow metal. Are you sure thats beer and not an oil change ? :biggrin:

strick

I have not run a 3030 since last Fall.  I sold mine as I have an E-Trac with X-1 probe and 15" WOT if I need DEPTH.  I know, I need to pst some pics of my MX finds, but I don't want to look like I am bragging, to much anyway.

• Like 1