Introduction From Lanny

Lanny

Nice to hear more about you Lanny.  British Columbia once again sounds like one of the (few?) places where unsearched/undersearched ground is still yielding.  Glad you've taken the opportunity to savor it.

Your experience helping the big boys (and getting to keep what you find) reminded me of what the Las Vegas sports books used to do (and maybe one or two still do).  When the US football lines (odds) were first determined (typically on Sunday, a week before play) they'd invite a couple sharpies to make wagers, but for a limited price.  They would then adjust the lines (in the direction of the bets) until there was no more interest.  The experienced bettors got some good bets and the bookies got a cheap 'lesson' on where to open for the public.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice to hear more about you Lanny.  British Columbia once again sounds like one of the (few?) places where unsearched/undersearched ground is still yielding.  Glad you've taken the opportunity to savor it.

Your experience helping the big boys (and getting to keep what you find) reminded me of what the Las Vegas sports books used to do (and maybe one or two still do).  When the US football lines (odds) were first determined (typically on Sunday, a week before play) they'd invite a couple sharpies to make wagers, but for a limited price.  They would then adjust the lines (in the direction of the bets) until there was no more interest.  The experienced bettors got some good bets and the bookies got a cheap 'lesson' on where to open for the public.

Thanks for the comments, and that's quite an interesting story about Vegas, one I'd never heard before.

All the best,

Lanny

18 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And there is more!

Lanny has one of the longest active threads created on the related forums due to his amazing story telling skills. And I do believe he coined the term "sassy gold"!

Bedrock and Gold: The mysteries . . .

Always great to hear from you Lanny!!

Yes,  busted Steve. I have been telling gold tales for a while, it's true, and every year, I gather a few more as I keep chasing that sassy gold (thanks for the credit for coining the term).

Steve has always made me feel welcome and appreciated no matter what forum I was posting information on, plus he's one of the most knowledgable and helpful people I've ever had the pleasure to know, an outstanding person, truly!

Many thanks, and all the best,

Lanny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lanny said:

an outstanding person, truly

I honestly can't agree that I was for most of my life. I was never a bad person but I have never been as good as I could be as a person. I am trying really hard now however so I appreciate that Lanny. Best wishes to you and yours! :smile:

• Like 2