oneguy

Smallest Bits Detected.....???

All that GMT gold was with the factory stock elliptical not a smaller round.
Supertuning the GMT is and was it was all about. Once you learned that nuggets rolled in, many larger ones also.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:36 PM, kiwijw said:

Ok...here you go. You asked for it.... Might pay to get yourself a coffee & settle in. :biggrin: 

I will add that our ground is insanely mild, as I do bang on about. But it is a HUGE factor to my "success" as it allows me to crank all my detectors  up to full max sensitivity. Ok...some times that is a bit ratty but I am able to deal with that & with a trained ear still get the signals that matter. Sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Gold Monster gold.

Found some sluice pipes. :laugh:

20171001_170918

scratching a round here....

20170527_172744

Got me these

A collection of Gold Monster gold from one of my locations

20171015_110521

Collection of Zed gold from the same location. Generally a bit bigger & wayyyyy deeper.

20171015_105306

Playing mountain goat. Using the GM 1000 as a hiking pole. GB2 under my arm. Note sluice face top right. This was walking back down from the place in the picture below this one.

20171119_173527

Detecting a high shelf way above the present day river.

20171119_155848

Loving that bedrock.

20180317_162944 (1)

20180310_161621

Loving more bedrock

From this area....

20180317_190603

Got these

Off this bedrock

20180425_163125

And out of this crevice got this...

From here out of the old timer piles got these 5.

20180620_170541

From more bedrock

20180617_160919

20180617_140108

THE END: I need a coffee.

20170623_171801-1

Round 2 will be the GB2. But not tonight. Cheers 

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:

Great pictures JW! All that tiny gold sniffed out, amazing!! Love seeing a bit of your neck of the woods too.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1035269062_GalenaSilverHighElevation.thumb.jpg.d9ff7e7596d15181ae08bd8428446cec.jpg

My neck of the woods, up close to 7000 ft. elevation. (Two pack mules of the hydrocarbon variety in the background.)

2036637520_A.Dimenuggets.thumb.JPG.31abe5a995ed2dc258e58a161d84e129.JPG

Bottom, slightly left of centre, pretty tiny, can't recall the weight, Gold Bug Pro.  (A dime is a dime is a dime in US and Canada, same size for comparison.)

322241644_Dimepowernuggets.thumb.jpg.6679826d0291fe866161baaf6b4987b9.jpg

Smallest pieces here, sub-gram, all nuggets found with Minelab X-Terra 705, a somewhat interesting machine that if you go low and slow enough in ground that's producing nuggets, it just might surprise you as it did me with the tiny stuff it would find with the DD coil (the tiny stuff was extremely close to the surface however).

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 5

I got this with my Gold Bug Pro and Nel Snake coil, it's 0.021 of a gram

20180603_152734.jpg.1fa9fccedade4d3f883d

20180603_152858.jpg.af1e1025b47410e1a527

20181112_084753.jpg.a39ca62047ce7cfc5e50cd219a156f69.jpg

And this one with the GM1000, I think they're my smallest two nuggets with a detector.  I'm pretty slack at keeping records, my only records are on this site.  I've got some fly poo with my Equinox too but lost track of it.

• Like 5

On 2/17/2019 at 12:31 AM, dirtman said:

All that GMT gold was with the factory stock elliptical not a smaller round.
Supertuning the GMT is and was it was all about. Once you learned that nuggets rolled in, many larger ones also.

Hi there dirtman. That is interesting. Due to our insanely mild ground I am one for running my detectors flat out. Even if a tad ratty on the odd day as my now trained ear can pick out the signals that matter. I always run my detectors in manual ground balance, when I have the option, & balance them on the hot side with a slight lift in the threshold on the downward pump. Can you please share your supertuning method with the GMT incase I am missing something.....which is highly possible. Thanks.? 

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 2

I have found nuggets weighing under 1/10th grain (1/4800th Troy Ounce) with at least a dozen different detector models. I get stuff that weighs less (my digital powder scales only go down to a tenth grain) and so I honestly don't know about anything under that. It's not worth it to me to get a scale accurate enough to weigh gold I used to toss back in the creek when gold panning.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I have found nuggets weighing under 1/10th grain (1/4800th Troy Ounce) with at least a dozen different detector models. I get stuff that weighs less (my digital powder scales only go down to a tenth grain) and so I honestly don't know about anything under that. It's not worth it to me to get a scale accurate enough to weigh gold I used to toss back in the creek when gold panning.

We throw it back in for nugget seed and have a good laugh.

All the best,

Lanny

• Oh my! 1

This is the smallest my mate got that I know he detected, but whether he got any other nuggets is unknown as he left the area.?

926063906_Barry13.jpg.f8be072b0d04f207b12cc7b277678bbf.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, geof_junk said:

This is the smallest my mate got that I know he detected, but whether he got any other nuggets is unknown as he left the area.?

926063906_Barry13.jpg.f8be072b0d04f207b12cc7b277678bbf.jpg

I find the little bits of gold are more of a challenge so every time I come across a bigger piece like in your pic I re-bury it so the newer detector guys can have some fun and excitement with an easy find!  All joking aside...IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

• Haha 3