Drive To Nearest Gold?

Drive time to nearest gold  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your driving time to your nearest gold prospecting location.

• 30min
    • 1hour
    • 2hour
    • 3hour
    • 4hour
    • > 5 hour

Under 5 minutes.....

goldwright are those gates on R.S. 2477 Rights-of-Ways ? Maybe a topic for another thread ????

Where we're chasing the gold now, closer to four hours, but we've got a gold camp set up to stay at, so always a place to sleep. However, much better than the 16+ hours we used to drive to get to the gold . . .

All the best,

Lanny

7 hours ago, goldrat said:

I live in the main street of Dunolly Victoria ( centre of Golden Triangle } . I can leave home in 4 different directions and be on alluvial goldfields under 10 minutes . 

Cheers

goldrat

Quick facts

Dunolly is a town in Victoria, Australia, located on the Dunolly - Maryborough Road, in the Shire of Central Goldfields. At the 2006 census, Dunolly had a population of 969.

Cool!

Mitchel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, goldwright said:

No all private property and people doing the wrong things regularly.

Humans are the worst people on earth. due to frivolous liability actions and disrespect for other peoples property the same is happening around here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi All. The truth of this matter is that I don't know the answer. I am a brand spanking new 69 1/2 yo who is not only new to this blog but to this hobby. I have never owned a metal detector. I have a technical water background.  I am excited - not (completely) intimidated - by the vast choices available. I could use some guidance. I noticed below that fredmason lived in Portola ... my current residence. I dearly love this place when I am not moving snow. This is shaping up to be a banner runoff spring. Perhaps Fred, you could answer the survey question for me. ? How long a drive do I have to find gold? I also have a friend who wants to relic hunt with me. Or more accurately, justs wants to explore possible old camps or flash flood areas in NV with Reno being roughly our southern latitude.

I am looking at a used original TDI with 2 coils as a good tool to grow younger with. Also looking at the Equinox 800, Deus, and Nokta/Makro Anfibio or Impact??? I will positively 100% appreciate any suggestions because I am itching to buy my first machine and answer this question based on personal experience. So, based on my location and that I want to focus on gold when on my own, but would love to explore desert NV also what do you all think of my options?

BTW, I feel very fortunate to have discovered this site. I have been pouring over it for HOURS and the camaraderie and goodwill here seems all too rare these days and is a much-appreciated breath of fresh air.

Thanks,

Curtis

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Flowdog said:

Perhaps Fred, you could answer the survey question for me. ? How long a drive do I have to find gold?

Cogswell Ravine .18minutes, 27 seconds.

Now Fred and Flowdaog both owe me one.

Flowdog...

Klunker and others got all the gold...just teasing.

If you want to learn to pan very fine gold, go down to Jamison Creek-on the Highway 70 side and get all you want. You won't get rich but it is excellent practice.

I never found any nuggets detecting back in 1980-83....but, there were plenty of coins and relics...watch out for the forest serve-less...

Best wishes

fred

• Like 1