Noah (FL)

Orx Tone Break?

Just curious as to the mid/high tone  break and where it falls in relation to zinc pennies. Its hard to tell from looking at the diagram in the owner manual.  

22 hours ago, Noah (FL) said:

Just curious as to the mid/high tone  break and where it falls in relation to zinc pennies. Its hard to tell from looking at the diagram in the owner manual.  

Looks like tone breaks are preset and non adjustable.  There is one gent I think who will  have (Calabash Digger) ORX in USA.  I’ll ask him about this topic and maybe he will do actual video to show tone breaks while sweeping some US coins.

Chuck (Ridge Runner) has one coming.

Thanks fellas.  

I’ve gotten used to having the tone break right at zimc so they give a mixed tone with the Kruzer. It’s nice in parks and schoolyards for getting an ID range without having to look at the screen. 

• Like 1

Like Steve said I do have a ORX that should be here maybe Wednesday of this coming week.

Here is this old courthouse that sits in the middle of a city block and I have permission to detect. The lady who I guess you’d call her the overseer said others has detected it but found only bottle caps . If I do find any coin I plan on donating to their history display they have.

Chuck 

597F1D76-0B3E-4703-805A-D6448950C853.jpeg

• Like 5

Air testing with my ORX I got the following in coin fast:

Clad dime 92/high tone

Zinc penny 86/high tone

1943 penny 91/high tone

My wedding band sounds off on the midtone. 

Per the manual bronze coins should read lower, between about 63 to 82.

I have only used it twice and this is my first XP product so you will need to wait for someone else's report for the definitive answer.  I am sure Calabash will provide us with a good video soon.

Regards,

MT

• Like 4

Here is the section from the manual showing the tone breaks vs. ID numbers for the coin programs.

IMG_2218.jpg

I find the tone break info shown in my last posting to be a little confusing.  It seems to indicate a sliding pitch for iron and then three additional tones. Is this correct or am I misunderstanding this?

MT

Noah,

Like you I am a little confused by the manual info.   I have not found any coins with mine just yet. I have only been relic hunting so far.

Let us know if coins in the wild read differently from air test results.

MT