Orx Tone Break?

Noah (FL)

Like Steve said I do have a ORX that should be here maybe Wednesday of this coming week.

Here is this old courthouse that sits in the middle of a city block and I have permission to detect. The lady who I guess you’d call her the overseer said others has detected it but found only bottle caps . If I do find any coin I plan on donating to their history display they have.

Chuck 

597F1D76-0B3E-4703-805A-D6448950C853.jpeg

• Like 4

Air testing with my ORX I got the following in coin fast:

Clad dime 92/high tone

Zinc penny 86/high tone

1943 penny 91/high tone

My wedding band sounds off on the midtone. 

Per the manual bronze coins should read lower, between about 63 to 82.

I have only used it twice and this is my first XP product so you will need to wait for someone else's report for the definitive answer.

Regards,

MT

• Like 4

I find the tone break info shown in my last posting to be a little confusing.  It seems to indicate a sliding pitch for iron and then three additional tones. Is this correct or am I misunderstanding this?

MT

Noah,

Like you I am a little confused by the manual info.   I have not found any coins with mine just yet. I have only been relic hunting so far.

Let us know if coins in the wild read differently from air test results.

MT

On 2/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, groundscanner said:

Noah,

Like you I am a little confused by the manual info.   I have not found any coins with mine just yet. I have only been relic hunting so far.

Let us know if coins in the wild read differently from air test results.

MT

Probably won’t vary much in ground unless a coin were next to a nail or other lower conductor.   

The zinc cent giving a high tone is the deal breaker for me.  Wouldn’t matter for old site/woods relic hunting but for school yard/parks it makea the screen/VDI necessary to wed out zincs.  Same reason I don’t have a CZ. 

Guess I’ll stick with my current tools unless I go full Deus for the tone hunting versatility or maybe give the Equinox a go???

Till then I’ll keep on Kruzin’.