600/800 Seals On A Plane

juanjo4747

Hi everyone,

New here based in the UK about to start this hobby. Looking at getting the equinox 600 or 800 for its underwater capabilities. 

One question I have which I have struggled to find an answer to... How do the waterproof seals handle the pressure on air travel? Is there a pressure release valve?

Also is it recommend to detach the control box and take on carry on luggage?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to being part of this community 

Bruce 

21 hours ago, juanjo4747 said:

One question I have which I have struggled to find an answer to... How do the waterproof seals handle the pressure on air travel? Is there a pressure release valve?

Yes. Gore vent in the battery compartment. Remember these are shipped worldwide via air - not an issue.

As far as how you transport it that's up to you. When I went to the UK I just packed mine in the checked luggage, and did not remove the handle from the rod. I had two Equinox and all my gear in one bag - one reason I like the machine.

Welcome to the forum! :smile:

• Like 1

Bruce,  I fly with my 600 & 800 all the time.  I usually take the handle with control box off just to make sure everything in the bags are packed inline.  Have never had an EQ leak yet and most of my hunting is in the water.  Now on a side note, be sure to clean the sand out of your handle when done doing your hunt.  Good luck.

You have to buy a pair that has the Equinox waterproof connector.  This thread has a bunch of recommendations:

Here is information on the waterproof connector:

Finally, when switching topics away from the thread title, you might get more responses if you start a new thread.  HTH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juanjo4747 said:

Thanks Gerry. Another question for you... If I buy a pair of waterproof headphones can I plug then straight into the detector or is a special waterproof connector needed? 

Thanks again

Minelab has 100% Waterproof headphones as an accessory.  They are $149 and I have used them many times.  Yes they screw right into the back of the Equinox.  There are other brands and models out there for different situations but I have not tried them.  I do have the Minelab 100% Waterproof headphones in stock.

The 14K gold ring with a gold Krugerrand coin was found by one of my staff members on the last water hunt we did.  He used his EQ-600 and the Minelab 100% waterproof headphones.

EQJew4.jpg

EQJew5.jpg

• Like 2