Extreme Detecting Between Storms Of The Decades Or Testing The 15" Equinox Coil On The Spanish Trail

Nice hunt Cal!  

Thanks for sharing your adventure. Gives us who are stuck home buried in snow a chance to go along on a hunt.

Bryan

• Like 1

That was a great Video. I've been teetering back and forth on getting the big coil and after watching your hunt I ordered it lol. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us once again. 

strick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, strick said:

That was a great Video. I've been teetering back and forth on getting the big coil and after watching your hunt I ordered it lol. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us once again. 

strick

Thanks for watching.  To be honest the 15" coil doesn't feel like a 15" coil when you're swinging it.  I like that it's a 12"x15" and not a big round 15", I suspect that is why it's doing so well picking silver out of sea of nail environments. 

Good ground coverage and depth, and did I mention the silver bangs in pretty well with the 15" coil ?

GL&HH,
Cal

• Like 3

Nice finds on the old spanish Trail Cal Cobra.... I have hunted it a few times in Nevada and California, and found some pretty good stuff. There is actually a guy I know in Pahrump, NV. that found a jar of old silver and gold coins buried alongside the old spanish trail...in the 1990's metal detecting. You guys have done pretty good at that spot... you stuck the cow in there also ... good one !!!

Dave.

• Like 1

Road trip from hell looks like it paid off for you NICE !! I have a sick since of humor and also like the graphic picture of cow !!!!!!! :laugh: And I as well really like swinging that coil, when I get the chance...…   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Randy Lunn said:

What a great hunt and a solid validation of the Equinox 15" coil. Great silver dimes, but I really enjoyed seeing the Henry rimfire shells.

I was very impressed at how well it sniffed out the silver dimes.   Several great hunters and top end machines have been through here before, so it's interesting that it was able to pick out three silvers from this stage stop.  I can't wait to try it at some of my other sites.

14 hours ago, DolanDave said:

Nice finds on the old spanish Trail Cal Cobra.... I have hunted it a few times in Nevada and California, and found some pretty good stuff. There is actually a guy I know in Pahrump, NV. that found a jar of old silver and gold coins buried alongside the old spanish trail...in the 1990's metal detecting. You guys have done pretty good at that spot... you stuck the cow in there also ... good one !!!

Dave.

HI Dave,  A jar of gold and silver coins would be an incredible find!    Unfortunately it was pretty windy, but what I was trying to explain with the cow pee photo was that the hundreds of cows in this pasture are likely the cause of making the silver turn black as not too far from here we have another site, same dirt, and the coins and artifacts come out in beautiful condition.    I'd love to do more detecting on the Spanish trail, but I only get to that area once or twice a year at the most.  

HH,
Cal

3 hours ago, Swegin said:

This made me laugh I haven't heard that in a long time.    Thanks for the story and the video.

Ha ha...old habits die hard ?

1 hour ago, Dig It said:

Road trip from hell looks like it paid off for you NICE !! I have a sick since of humor and also like the graphic picture of cow !!!!!!! :laugh: And I as well really like swinging that coil, when I get the chance...…   

? Glad the cow photo is getting some laughs haha

• Like 4