Just have them add extra jalapenos and you'll never now your burrito had snake eggs in it - Lol 

I'll eat just about anything on the Mexican side i've eaten Barbacoa afewtimes and found it delicious - also Vietnamese hot pots with tripe, and liver meat balls. Mmmm

Have a good one man

AjR 

Were not out to kill all snakes just the ones that are coming out of the rocks literally where we are working.

there is also a very long snake here that is very fast moving racer snake they called it. I watched one about 6 foot go up a steep bank right in front of my sister fast she didnt even see it. Anyone familiar with these in nevada? I was told they are really pissy but not venomous.

racers are grumpy, very fast and not venomous to humans...

Rattlesnakes are the only snake that any miner/hiker need be worried about. Coral snakes are very not common and you have to be stupid to get bit...same with Gila Monsters

Tarantulas and trapdoor spiders won't hurt you...

Scorpians might...

wasps and bees might

none of this is true if you are allergic to them...

fred

Luckily with some sense the odds are in your favor if you get bit. It has been estimated that 7,000–8,000 people per year receive venomous bites in the United States, and of about 5 of those people die. Source: CDC http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/snakes/ Some good up-to-date info there on what to do and not do if bit.

Interesting true fact is that attempting to kill a snake that has not bitten you increases your risk of being bitten by a snake.

• Like 1

you have to be stupid to get bit...same with Gila Monsters

fred

Yup don't be stupid,  :D The Gila Monster is also protected by federal law. 

Lil bro just wanted to move this one off the road so he wouldn't get hurt, don't worry both monsters are safe and sound.  :lol:

Just to give you an idea of the size of this gila monster little bro is 6' 5" 330 lbs. 

post-602-0-22025800-1429068026_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

seriouse question: What is a fellow to do when alone and snakbitten  deep down in a Motherload canyon, a good 2-4 hours hike back up verticle inclines that nearly cause a heart attack on a good day, minus a snakebite. So far my though is, just keep repeating it's a dry bite, and attempt hiking out slowly.  I might also try bleeding off the bite site with suction syringes, but as Paul said, this may not be benificial. Other option I can think, just set up camp and try to sleep it off for a couple days and let the venom run its course?

• Like 1