D'artagnon Jackson Scores Minelab Find Of The Month Win

Doc

As previously reported in the post: 

D’artagnon Jackson, Long Time Customer Of Doc, Scores First Beautiful Gold…

Dar found a 1852 D gold U.S. dollar.   I submitted the find to Minelab for their Finds of The Month January contest.  Today Dartagnon received this email from Minelab.  Congratulations D'artagnon!  Doc
image.thumb.jpeg.a4ea892b64929028ee039c368c392e14.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2/19/2019 at 9:55 PM, phrunt said:

Here is the link directly to Dartagnon's story,....

Too bad they left off the fact that it had a -D (Dahlongega, GA) mintmark.  I understand most readers wouldn't know what that meant, but another sentence or two would reveal its rarity and add even more to the amazement.  Very well written story, otherwise.

• Like 1

Congratulations again on that coin.  No telling how many of us missed it.

Phrunt is right.  You submit your 'own' story and pictures.  It's obvious that dealers help their customers if they want to.  I encourage others to submit their finds for the voucher.

I got a find of the month for Franconia meteorites with the 7000.

Mitchel

On 2/21/2019 at 4:35 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Too bad they left off the fact that it had a -D (Dahlongega, GA) mintmark.  I understand most readers wouldn't know what that meant, but another sentence or two would reveal its rarity and add even more to the amazement.  Very well written story, otherwise.

Unfortunately that was my fault.  I wrote the article and submitted it for Dartagnon.  I was in a hurry to submit it before the end of the month and at that time I didn't have the information about the rarity of the find.  Heck I didn't even know where that mint mark was from, I thought it was Denver.  Obviously I'm not a coin collector.  When more information came forward on how rare the find was, I went back to the Minelab site hoping I could edit the submission, but there was no way to add more information.

So bad news, I didn't get some valuable information in there.  Good news is, fortunately this cool find won.

Doc

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Did the best you could with the info you had...

BTW Doc, the check is in the mail and thanks!

fred

No worries Fred.  Did I remember to put a key chain in there?  I meant to.

Doc

• Like 1