TDI Beachhunter Field Test Video

TDI Beach Hunter is next level performance.....I would estimate the TDI has a 20% depth increase (using the 14.8v battery pack) over the Garrett (which I did own some years ago). There is still much to like about the Garrett, especially the battery compartment and swap-able coils and headphones. If you are after outright depth performance then the TDI is a clear winner.

Incidentally, I found the depth advantage using the larger coil on the Garrett was only slightly ahead of the 8" Garrett coil (which I much preferred in the shallow water and surf).

Tony

• Like 3

I like the idea of some discrimination on the Beach Hunter but the battery life seems pretty disappointing at 5 hours? Ever use it on land, is the discrimination enough to kick out foil? I would guess the discrete might cancel out gold rings especially thin ones?

Friend I looking at a good general purpose machine but since he wants to do more beach combing I think the MX Sport or AT Max or Pro that I have might be tough to use since we have a lot of black sand and it does get tricky to gb these machines. Another friend has the MX Sport and he says he can't tell the difference with the beach mode on or off.