Photo Of My Finds Using The 800

groundscanner

Wow you did great for a "hunted out" site!  Congrats on all the killer finds!

We have a civil war era union army encampment out west that we've pulled hundreds of 3-ringers and other assorted bullets from, tons of buttons, hardy eagle hat pins, and other misc. military related finds.  Only a couple of coins have come from there, a seated half dollar and a seated half dime, which is a bit perplexing, but I guess they just weren't exchanging money in the camp.

I cannot wait to take my Equinox to this site.  It has heavily mineralized soil, which handicaps my VLF detectors.  Some worse than others (heavily handicapped my F75 LTD2), but my Makro Racers handled it a lot better).  I think the Equinox is going to light this place up!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Those are some very nice historical finds. Is that a sack hook above the 3 ringers?

Thanks for the pics!

Thanks!  Yes that is a J-hook off of a knapsack.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

We have a civil war era union army encampment out west that we've pulled hundreds of 3-ringers and other assorted bullets from, tons of buttons, hardy eagle hat pins, and other misc. military related finds.  Only a couple of coins have come from there, a seated half dollar and a seated half dime, which is a bit perplexing, but I guess they just weren't exchanging money in the camp.

Thanks!  I particularly like the triangle base French Minie that I found.  The area where most of these items were found was a great producer back in the day. We had found so few items there on previous hunts with other machines that we had begun to skip the area.  I was quite impressed by the Equinox.  My brother found an additional 5 minies and other cool items using his 600.

When you get a chance to hunt your Union Camp using the Equinox please video the hunt and post it for us to enjoy!

Thanks,

MT

4 hours ago, groundscanner said:

Thanks!  I particularly like the triangle base French Minie that I found.  The area where most of these items were found was a great producer back in the day. We had found so few items there on previous hunts with other machines that we had begun to skip the area.  I was quite impressed by the Equinox.  My brother found an additional 5 minies and other cool items using his 600.

When you get a chance to hunt your Union Camp using the Equinox please video the hunt and post it for us to enjoy!

Thanks,

MT

MT what settings were you using?  Field2?  Probably the way I'll go, Field2 has been working so well for me relic hunting, that to be honest, I just haven't had the need to even experiment with the other modes.    I'll try to get some videos on the hunt, hoping to get out there next month, weather permitting.

GL&HH,
Cal

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

MT what settings were you using?  Field2?  

I have been mostly using Field 2, but will switch to Field 1 if conditions causes field 2 to be too chatty.

On this particular camp site there is very little iron/trash and the soil is fairly mild, so I reduced the Iron Bias and the Recovery speed a bit in order to try to reach a little deeper (Field 2).  That being said I did check several of my targets in other modes and certain single frequencies and was still able to get a good signal.  I used Gold 1 just for chuckles for a little bit.

I have been enjoying the videos of your outings and I am looking forward to your next ones!!

Be safe and HH,

MT

• Like 1

6 hours ago, groundscanner said:

I have been mostly using Field 2, but will switch to Field 1 if conditions causes field 2 to be too chatty.

On this particular camp site there is very little iron/trash and the soil is fairly mild, so I reduced the Iron Bias and the Recovery speed a bit in order to try to reach a little deeper (Field 2).  That being said I did check several of my targets in other modes and certain single frequencies and was still able to get a good signal.  I used Gold 1 just for chuckles for a little bit.

I have been enjoying the videos of your outings and I am looking forward to your next ones!!

Be safe and HH,

MT

One of these days when I'm on a hunt I need to get some test signals, both bad and good and try other modes to see how it works.  I don't know if Field2 can be improved on, but it would be fun.  Next month I'm planning a trip with a buddy who's a die hard Explorer2 user, and we plan to do some signal comparisons.  He gets into the comparisons too much sometimes, which eats up detecting time.  I think that's what a lot of folks don't realize.  I've posted videos and had all kinds of requests to pit the Makro Multi Kruzer against the Equinox, and those tests are fine, but most of my hunt sites are fairly remote, so these tests really eat up detecting time.  

Thanks for watching the videos,  I enjoy making them and putting them together, and feedback like yours keeps me making them ?

HH,
Cal 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1