calabash digger

XP Deus Orx Vs AT Gold Depth Part 1

I have Orx since December, and I was very nervous about how she can do the test at your EMI garden. Now I'm fine. By the way, thanks for all your videos, I like to watch all the detectors you test. I wish a lot of success in the future and look forward to more tests.

• Like 3

I'm surprised how bad the Garrett did in that video, I found the Garrett Ace 350 to be a deep detector and I would think it would handle that test mostly fine and it's a cheaper model.  I'm certainly not questioning your video but it's disappointing to see the Garrett do so badly.

• Like 3

If you want to have more coin depth than AT-gold, you need to have a longer coil on this detector ... It's a gold detector because its ,Ground filter , RX gain,recovery speed and iron Bias are set tightly enough - optimized for fine gold ..

But it does not reduce Calabash Digger  tests .....verifiability in any way ...  just the opposite.. it simply shows... just how important the individual detector settings ...are to the depth and separation in this  case - Xp ORX detector and small coil.. ...

zlato=gold ,.. weight -in gram,  srebrnik=silver Coin-30mm..     4bar Fe3O4- Liapor test by WM6....

At gold test.jpg

.. and airtest  XP eliptical HF coil...

deus Hf coli -airtest.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm surprised how bad the Garrett did in that video, I found the Garrett Ace 350 to be a deep detector and I would think it would handle that test mostly fine and it's a cheaper model.  I'm certainly not questioning your video but it's disappointing to see the Garrett do so badly.

My soil is mild. I have pretty much replicated all the same results in my test garden with all the AT SERIES detectors . AT MAX and AT PRO included. Have the videos on my channel of the other 2 detectors.

• Like 2

Good video, thanks for sharing 

Being a Deus owner and a former, very disappointed ATGold owner (my first detector with all the bells and whistles after many happy years with a Tesoro Lobo Super Traq) I was not the least bit surprised by Calabash Digger’s results even in his mild soil. Imagine how bad the AT Gold was in my 4 out of 5 bar fe3o4 nasty mineralized dirt both with lack of depth and with Calabash’s second video about recovery speed in iron!!! Whether in all metal or disc modes it was impossible to shut off the iron barrage or prevent iron tone smearing and masking without turning iron audio off and then the video showed exactly what can happen then!

Very tastefully and fairly done Calabash!!!

Jeff

• Like 1

15 hours ago, calabash digger said:

Thing is it would be the same with the AT Pro ,or AT MAX. I already have those test videos on my channel.

I was using an AT Pro with the small coil prior to my Equinox 800 and XP ORX purchase.  The majority of my sites are plowed fields heavily infested with iron and I had begun to realize that the AT was not separating well and the majority of my finds were very shallow. I believe that most of my finds with the AT were items that were freshly turned up to the top layer of the soil (above the bed of nails).

On sites with low levels of trash the AT Pro performed well enough allowing me to find deeper targets.  

I bought the ORX for three reasons:  weight (this is the main one), speed/separation, and muIti-frequency selection.  I am looking forward to the rain stopping long enough for my sites to dry out enough to hit them with the new ORX.

The attached photo is an example of what I have to put up with on my sites.  This is an eroded area on one of the fields.  Notice the iron and small lead shot.  

MT

IMG_2071 (1).jpg

• Like 2

Great video. Unfortunately Garret has a better marketing program the XP so people will continue to buy the inferior product. Maybe your video will save someone from making a mistake. I bought my wife a AT gold several years ago... and soon after the external speaker broke. Actualluy I was glad it did because she liked to detect without head phones and the tones of the garret were  so obnoxious and loud (no volume control) I thought we would get kicked off the beaches we were detecting lol.  She used my CTX once and proclaimed that she would never use the AT Gold again...so I sold it. 

I see you guys are using Garret carrots for pin pointers. I have two of them. It's my favorite pin pointer but both have had issues. On one of them the  on off button got hyper sensitive and you would barely touch it and the unit would turn on. I put it away intending to send it back and bought another, The new one after a while the light would stay on after it was turned off. This would drain the battery. So I put it away intending to send it back. For the heck of it I looked at the first one I put away months earlier and now the button is normal and the unit works as intended. A couple months have went by and I checked the other one and the light is permanently off when the unit turns on and now the battery is not getting drained. So to make a long story short...both my carrots are working great and they seemed to fix themselves.  Maybe a pinpointer video ?

strick

• Like 3