Fisher F19?

Hi LipCa

I think you got that backwards. I've had both and the F19 and G2+ seemed to be exactly the same PC board wise. The G2 is a bit different (older model). The only differences I can remember about the F19 and G2+ were the ergonomics=S handle vs pistol grip, paint job and control box sticker, and your other question, the stock coil. For me, I liked the 10x5" elliptical DD coil best for my purposes. It seemed to be a little more stable, just as deep as the G2+ 11X7" coil and definitely easier when detecting in rocks, brush and stubble since it is closed. Maybe it's just me but I have never particularly liked the 11X7 coil. They are interchangeable along with a multitude of other coils both from FTP and aftermarket. If I remember right neither will work with concentric coils.......I could be wrong which happens every minute of the day.

Jeff

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

If I remember right neither will work with concentric coils....

Correct.  Their relatives (Teknetics Greek Family, Fisher F5) which all operate around 7.8 kHz can take both concentric and DD.  Also, the Greek Family DD's work on the Gold Bugs and vice versa, but not the concentrics.  That's the general rule.  Apparently some individual Gold Bugs have worked with the Tek Greek concentrics, but those are (rare?) exceptions.  I've tried it with mine and no dice.  I don't know if F5 coils work on other models.

• Like 1

According to Fisher tech, both boards are the same but are programed with different perimeters ?

Neither one of the coils I mentioned are concentric.... could they be interchangeable between the GBPro and the F19

FWIW, there is an ad for an Ultimate 13 for $65 over on Dankowski that says it will work on the G2. I have the coil and it blows me away what the thing will pick up. It detected a staple for my brother-in-law. It covers a good amount of ground while being extremely light. The G2 is a solid simple machine that can be swung for many hours due to its ergonomic grip and well-balanced weight. 

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,160738

18 hours ago, LipCa said:

According to Fisher tech, both boards are the same but are programed with different perimeters ?

Neither one of the coils I mentioned are concentric.... could they be interchangeable between the GBPro and the F19

Yes, Fisher makes 3 DD coils for these detectors:  5 inch round (the stock coil on the Gold Bug and Gold Bug Pro), 5inX10in elliptical (stock coil on the F19), and 7inX11in eliptical (stock coil on the Gold Bug DP).  All 3 work on both models and on the Teknetics G2 and G2+.

All of these fall into the general class of "all purpose detectors" meaning they are good for coins, relics, jewelry, and at least OK for natural gold.  Typically all purpose detectors have optional searchcoils available because the particular use of the detector can be enhanced or optimized by the coil choice.

Thanks GB.  The reason I ask, is that I have a new 7" x 11' coil that came with my GBDP that I will give the fella if he gets the F19 (to supplement his 5" x 10")