Gold Monster 1000

Majuba Man

15 hours ago, Dubious said:

Let us know how it compares to the 24k. 

I will be more than glad to share the comparisons between the 24K and GM1000, however this is what it looks like from my shop looking towards the highway today so it might be awhile!

snow-1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/1/2019 at 11:06 AM, Dubious said:

Let us know how it compares to the 24k. 

The Monster has the edge in actual sensitivity and power, but the audio/signal processing lets it down. But its great in quiet ground. The 24K has the edge in smooth audio and ability in mineralized ground. The 24K is my go-to detector now and my monster is being disposed of. Even my Gold Bug 2 is semi retired now lol 

• Like 1

Ask your local store to see if they can get it in!  I was told by a close friend here in N Idaho that he had heard about the price in January... so I went to the store the following week end to check it out. He was correct and with a couple of Cabela's gift cards I had to go towards the price, after local tax my final was $443.  I couldn't pass it up because I needed a second gold machine for backup and for use when my daughter, dad or friend tags along while I'm using my GB2. It was the only one they had that day.

I have since done some air test comparisons between the GM and GB with differing sizes of nuggets and put it into a table for my own use curiosity... something to do while passing the time waiting for the over 6 1/2 feet of snow that's fallen at my house to melt. Unfortunately the snow is not going away soon, so after more shoveling this afternoon, I'm going over to a friend's place to play with panning concentrates and maybe detecting on some of his buckets of rock specimens in his shop.  For those interested, the air tests were much more similar than I had expected...between the two detectors in a huge variety of dialed settings they were neck and neck, and the most surprising in that I didn't expect the GM 10" coil to see the tiniest pin head speck as easily as the 5" or the GB2 6".   Regards, Mike

• Like 4

On 3/3/2019 at 6:26 AM, IDMineralSurveys said:

I have since done some air test comparisons between the GM and GB with differing sizes of nuggets and put it into a table for my own use curiosity... something to do while passing the time waiting for the over 6 1/2 feet of snow that's fallen at my house to melt. Unfortunately the snow is not going away soon, so after more shoveling this afternoon, I'm going over to a friend's place to play with panning concentrates and maybe detecting on some of his buckets of rock specimens in his shop.  For those interested, the air tests were much more similar than I had expected...between the two detectors in a huge variety of dialed settings they were neck and neck, and the most surprising in that I didn't expect the GM 10" coil to see the tiniest pin head speck as easily as the 5" or the GB2 6".   Regards, Mike

Mike, Ive used a 5" concentric prototype round coil on the GB2 and I am positive it would leave the GM1000 for dead if that coil  was ever put on the market. Sadly, it was only a proof of concept coil and was gutted to trial a new design later. ?

• Like 2

On 2/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, AK-Bandit said:

What a deal! I wish our local Cabelas sold the GM1000. I've got quite a few Cabelas gift cards, and that's the detector I have my sights on.

There you go, your turn now!  Make sure you don't get the empty box. :smile: