Whites TDI Beachhunter Hipmount Pouch

Has anyone else that’s using the supplied hip/chest mount pouch had issues with it splitting. 

My first one started within days and Whites sent me a replacement. First time out yesterday with the new one and it’s spliitting by the netting. 

Its not the design or the stitching, it’s the poor quality material used. 

They really should’ve used terylene or something stronger

11366413-D3D6-4005-8F7C-9BCAC6070658.jpeg

6E260B9B-248B-4E68-8F4C-96AB872D8B4C.jpeg

3295A52F-2DEC-4840-9D90-B84C9C0835D7.jpeg

• Oh my! 1

Yep....the included bag is a complete waste of time.....☹️

The only useful bits are the plastic buckles !!

They really should abandon the included bag and discount the detector by the same value.........5c

But the included detector is what counts.....?.....and it is totally awesome.

Tony

• The title was changed to Whites TDI Beachhunter Hipmount Pouch

Pluggers on eBay makes a nice hip mount. Got one for my tdi beach hunter. Just started using it. Thing goes deep.m still learning GB, Gain, freq balance. Got much better at it today. Does very well in dry sand too.  Have to arrange bolts and nuts a bit, but worked great.  Picked up an easy swing too.  That takes the weight off your arm  used it today.  Works good too  

85F51F2B-26D7-44ED-8534-B1D757F62C27.jpeg

• Like 3

Hey Gerry, I've had the same problem with mine.  Design is good but the fabric is just way too cheap.  The box is just too heavy for the pouch.  I'm on my second one and it is ripping in the same places.  I gave my first one to a buddy of mine who sews and is going to try some fuseable thread to see if that works.  But White's really should design a better pouch and then give it to owners at no charge given the price of the machine and the fact that they really push the hip mounting feature of the detector.

• Like 3

Update on the pouch issue.  I spoke with Jack at White's and as usual, their customer service is exceptional   He is sending me another pouch no charge and says they are aware of the issue but no decision has been made with regard to an upgrade or fix.  He did say that some users have had success putting a small towel or cloth a the bottom of the pouch since the area that tears is where the mesh is sewn into the pouch.  He said that this fix gives the pouch some support and keeps the latch on the control box from putting too much stress on the pouch.  I am going to try that this weekend if I get out.

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 months later...