calabash digger

Orx Silencer Setting Test...

Another helpful video on the ORX! Thanks.

By the way Calabash, what do you think the depth difference is between the round and elliptical HF coils?

MT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, calabash digger said:

That's a good question .. My guess would be a inch to two .

Just bought the 9" before heading to OZ will report at my return !

RR

• Like 3

12 hours ago, calabash digger said:

That's a good question .. My guess would be a inch to two .

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By relicmeister
      I decided to hit a hammered colonial site where the last several times there with the Nox 800 no significant non-ferrous items were found. Every couple trips I might find a cuff button. So was running the ORX with 9” round hf coin in coin fast 28khz, but switching to coin deep at 54 kHz., reactivity 3, sensitivity 94. Found 1792-1812 period American  naval button ( undetermined variety as yet). With 13 5-pointed stars and Philadelphia back mark.Also found cuff link, outside of large 2-pc ball button. 
      Thesewere all found within 45 minutes, and other targets were going to be found for sure. 
      I’m totally impressed with the machine. So much so that last night I  ordered a 9” XP X35 coil, because folks? The XP ORX is a keeper with a long future. Deepest target ( squarenail ) at 1 1/2. Punpointer lengths. (15”-16”)

• By hanoverdigger
      Hey fellas...new to this forum, but frequent some of the others. Thought I'd check this one out. I have the Orx headed my way.  Maybe get some ideas on some good settings for Civil War hunting? I hunt mostly in Central Va...soil conditions where I hunt is usually not so bad. Plenty of time to learn the detector for now until the fall of the year...my time to hunt. Thanks for any ideas and good luck hunting.
    • By DeltaDigger
      Does anyone use the X35 coil on the ORX? Any opinion on it compared to the HF coils? I got smoked today by a friend. He was using the 11 inch legacy coil (with the Deus) while I was using the 9 inch elliptical coil with the ORX. I realize coil size was a factor but he was getting tones on objects that I couldn't even pick up. We were running the same frequency, reactivity, etc,  just to compare. Any thoughts?
    • By wltdwiz
      took my new xp orx with 9 x 5 elliptical coil  out for a walk yesterday in the northern az goldfields
      heres 2 from a heavily worked area with the orx
      this dog will hunt
      quiet smooth & ez to ground balance
      the small 1 is under 10th of a gram
      the orx gets it done i like it