relicmeister

Nice 1817 Lc From A Pounded Site Using 6” Coil

Super fine find!!  I have only found two.  One was badly corroded and the other had apparently been in a fire.  I am glad you were able to get out!!  Warm in my area but it is raining nearly every day.I

I have been holding off on getting the 6" coil in hope that they will come out with a 9" coil.

HH

MT

Thanks. The 6” may be worth getting even if they introduce a 9” coil ( and I hope they do but I’m not holding my breath) I’m doubting that i would have made this fond with a 9” coil only cause I went over this ground with my xterra with 9” coil and Safari with 6”x8” coil. 

I am sure that I will eventually get the 6".  I wishing for a small elliptical coil for the nox at some point. Doesn't hurt to wish! 😊

• Like 1

If enough ask minelab maybe they’ll do it. I’d Love  a 10” x6” elliptical myself. 

• Like 1

I would like an 8 x 5.  Hasn't minelab licenced aftermarket coils for some of their other machines?

• Like 2

Awesome find.  You must have very mild dirt, where I live that penny would have been badly corroded.  That coin didn't see much circulation, look at the Liberty, very plain.

• Like 1

Excellent find

The dirt in my area varies a lot and I’ve dug toasted large cents near this one. My finest was dug a few miles away but in a field. It’s an 1802

• Like 2

BEAUTIFUL dig!  GREAT job!!

Steve

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By strick
      Between work and projects I've managed to get out on a few hunts. I bought my buddy an equinox 800 since he has been kind enough to let me run all around his ranches as if I own them myself. He has showed some interest in detecting...he thinks he's going to find a 1 pound gold nugget . After spending some time showing him how it works...I'd mark a target and then have him go over it and then dig it...he started to get the hang of it. So on our second outing he goes and finds a 1855 seated quarter (like Deathrays) but not in nearly as good condition. He was stoked and I wish i had brought my camera with me so I could get a pic of him smiling and holding the coin. 
      Been hitting some other locations near where I live. Old homesites and street tear outs. Day before yesterday was a quick but pleasant hunt. Dug the standing liberty and put it in my pocket so it would not get banged up in the pouch. I never look at items much in the field but wait till I get home. I was glad I put this coin in my pocket. I'm going to have to get it looked at just to make sure but I think it's the real deal.
      If anyone knows what the sun god thing was? kinda cool digging it and have that smiling back.
      HH to you all 
      strick 

• By steveg
      First hunt in a LONG time; I was happy that I was able to prove to myself that I haven't totally forgotten how to run the Equinox!
      Oh -- the 1916 Merc?  The mint mark -- if there was one -- was worn off...  😞   LOL!
      Steve

• By devilsrenegade
      I was in Spokane Washington recently and the weather was finally nice and some of the snow had melted and l had a couple hrs. to kill so I grabbed the xterra 705 with a CORS strike multi freq. coil and went to work in a vacant lot in a old neighborhood the city had cleared of houses. about 20 min. into it this barber dime popped out of the ground. The lot was extremely trashy , l ran the 705 in 7.5 khz, discriminate all metal with 99 tones. I was getting iron tones every couple inches but still managed to pull this coin with the big coil. My first silver coin of 2019.  Just wanted to share . Best of luck this year to everyone on the forum !

• By DeltaDigger
      Groundscanner and I stumbled upon a spot and I pulled these three 1850 era half dimes out. I’m guessing the flat piece of lead with the “X” scratched in it is some type of game piece. Pretty good day. I was running the Nox on field 2. Thanks for looking!

• By SnohomishDigger
      Went to a park in a nearby town for the first time. I’ve been told it’s totally hunted out. Well, someone missed this 1907 V nickel. It was positioned a couple inches from a piece of trash metal. The 6-inch coil on my Nox 600 sniffed it out, no problem.

• By Tometusns
      Well, after reading about the high number war nickels I finally got one at an old fairground in Kansas. Hits a solid 21.I was sure surprised to see a nickel in the hole. It's a 1943 s.