• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By hanoverdigger
      Hey fellas...new to this forum, but frequent some of the others. Thought I'd check this one out. I have the Orx headed my way.  Maybe get some ideas on some good settings for Civil War hunting? I hunt mostly in Central Va...soil conditions where I hunt is usually not so bad. Plenty of time to learn the detector for now until the fall of the year...my time to hunt. Thanks for any ideas and good luck hunting.
    • By Rivers rat
      Hello went back to the spot of my latest trench and decided to dig one longer,i left markers last week which were still there on thursday but were gone on Saturday ...........so i left some this time heavy enough that u need a bit of strength to move those rock.......I was equipped with the 9"HF 1 spade ,1 pickaxe and 1 Hodan pick.Weather was ok not too hot.
      The pickaxe really helped to loosen the compacted gravel,and i think with a bit of practice i will getter better at it.I detected the spoil once out ,and it was very easy with the deus to switch 
      on and off.

So i found:
      -1 Rose farthing
      -1 Nuremberg token
      -1 beautiful button from the 4th regiment of the East  India Company
      -1 roman coin
      -1 strap of some sort probably medieval.

I did found anything while refilling the trench(which is good) and i more than happy with the result as i still got 100s of trench to do on that spot but also i am the only one allowed as most of the license holders are scrapping only🍌.I also found a pretty long clay pipe

Enjoy the work out 

RR

• By DeltaDigger
      Does anyone use the X35 coil on the ORX? Any opinion on it compared to the HF coils? I got smoked today by a friend. He was using the 11 inch legacy coil (with the Deus) while I was using the 9 inch elliptical coil with the ORX. I realize coil size was a factor but he was getting tones on objects that I couldn't even pick up. We were running the same frequency, reactivity, etc,  just to compare. Any thoughts?