3rd Hunt With New XP Orx

groundscanner

It finally stopped raining for a couple of days and I was able to get to the farm and try out the new ORX on a couple of old tenant house sites.  These old sites date from around the 1930's or so based on the coin dates.  They also sit on or near older sites so you are never sure what you will find.

Coin deep was too sparky for me on these sites due to the massive amounts of iron and nails.  I switched back and forth between Coin Fast at 15.2 and 28.8k, standard settings with iron tone "on".  I found the 28.8 frequency to be my favorite.  Once while running in 15.2k I noticed a small aluminum brad on top of the ground (about the size of a match head).  In 15.2 I didn't get even a peep out of it.  I then switched to 28.8 and got a nice loud tone.  The separation in the extreme trash was excellent!

My better finds for the day was 3 Wheaties, 1 War nickel, 2 Mississippi tax tokens, 1 Louisiana tax token, part of a broken spur, a broken tent tensioner, and one D Buckle.

Thanks for viewing,

MT

IMG_2234.thumb.JPG.7939ac41712d18e842e143bd9a4832f9.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I see a mason jar full of old coins in your future. Wouldn't that be a nice thing to find? A lot of people in the past did that kind of stuff or so that is the rumor.  Yet to find one myself, but sure had my heart rate go up when digging down to see an old mason jar lid. Sadly the thrill was gone when nothing else was attached. Still waiting on my mason jar find!

7 minutes ago, RobNC said:

I see a mason jar full of old coins in your future. 

To be so lucky!!  The only person that I know that come close to something like that was my brother whom found 125 Minie balls in one hole.

24 minutes ago, groundscanner said:

To be so lucky!!  The only person that I know that come close to something like that was my brother whom found 125 Minie balls in one hole.

Hmm wonder why they were all in a pile like that. Perhaps it was their loading up pile they were pulling from. Great find though

4 minutes ago, RobNC said:

Hmm wonder why they were all in a pile like that. Perhaps it was their loading up pile they were pulling from. Great find though

They were located on civil war camp site so I suspect that a case of bullets fell off of a wagon or was left behind