Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Hunting Space Rocks In Antarctica

Back when I was in the Navy, a few decades ago, I looked seriously into trying to get posted down there for the experience~ with the thought in the back of my head to do just what that group did.  But on the QT as anything you pick up pretty much belongs to the scientists.  Very cool they pulled off such a haul.  Meteorite recovery in Antarctica is an ongoing thing but thats the first dedicated hunt I've ever read on.

Nice video, and also you won't find any junk all undiscovered territory.

On 3/11/2019 at 12:46 PM, rayadientes said:

Nice video, and also you won't find any junk all undiscovered territory.

Yeah, but the secret alien underground bases probably have trash heaps around...😆

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Reno Chris
      Hey I just put up another video, The Geology of Placer Deposits, Part 1 (it will be part 1 of 3) This one focuses on different types of placer deposits and how the gold concentrates naturally - then also about finding those natural concentration spots. I do think it has a lot of hints, information and secrets that will be useful to most prospectors.
      I promise not to continually do this, putting up video notice when I throw something on Youtube. That would be kind of lame of me. So if you want to see parts 2 and 3 also, be sure to subscribe and tick the notification bell. The other two parts will be out shortly. They are geology and doing research, and then also on recognizing rocks and minerals. 

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Nickle is titled approx 45 degrees in this next video.

• By Reno Chris
      Hey I have been meaning to do up some Youtube videos for a while and this last weekend I was talking with Shannon Poe of AMRA at the Portland Oregon GPAA Gold Show and he suggested I video the whole presentation. Well, I had no video stuff with me, but I figured I could do the same presentation on a screen capture at home. In fact I’ve decided to do up all the presentations I give to various prospecting and rock hound clubs as well as the ones I do for the GPAA.  I’ve got four done so far but more are coming and as soon as the weather improves I am going to do some live action instructional videos as well on all sorts of prospecting topics.
      In addition to some other videos I am planning, Bill Southern is going to come up this way to the California gold country this summer and we will do together a series of prospecting videos. Most of them will be on Bill’s channel, but some will be for my channel as well.  So if you want to see all of what I have coming, be sure to subscribe to my channel and hit the notification bell and YouTube will let you know when I publish something. In the mean time as I have 4 new ones for you to take a look at:

How To Find Gold – Improving Your Prospecting Skills
      Nugget Detecting Success
      How To Stake Your Own Mining Claim
      Dry Washing For Gold

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Two videos.
      I have used the term iron range when talking of Etrac here loosely.  I recommend folks wanting more info if necessary to refer to Etrac User’s Manual and look closely at factory relic program to get a better idea of where ferrous reports in relation to the conductive line perspective wise.
      Etrac was run in videos at 50 conductive tones,
      Tarsacci sensitivty setting at level 6.
      All detectors balanced to actual ground except Etrac, but swept Etrac a little beforehand to insure ground tracking was good.
      Most of these targets are I think challenged in one fashion or another.
      Enjoy

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Two videos. 
      Part 1
      At the approx 7 minute mark, the targett being swept with Anfibio and later dug was a small piece of lead.  Will post a pic.  Had a small technical problem and didn’t video. Here is pic of target (not shown recovered in video part 1). 
      Irregular small piece of lead shown below solo in pic.
      Pic of all finds located with all the different model,detectors.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Will put this here subforum wise as I did do 2 spot  comparisons using 2 other model detectors.
      All nonferrous.

Thought  I recovered a big flat button in the field.  Nope not a flat button.  Looks like a coin.  Measures 1 1/8” in diameter.  Reads 44 conducttive number on Etrac.  And seems edge is reeded.  Weight is on my scales 8.21 grams.

m