Tnsharpshooter

Honker Nugget Netted With GPZ 7000 In Mexico

Posted (edited)

Crikey that`s a lovely hand full.

I had heard about it 3 weeks ago as one of my clients who hunts there rings and tells me about it.  But now I get to see the photos.  Thanks for sharing TN.

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I had heard about it 3 weeks ago as one of my clients who hunts there rings and tells me about it.  But now I get to see the photos.  Thanks for sharing TN.

You are welcome.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=271442
    • By AU_Solitude
      I didn't see this linked anywhere else yet - if it has been then please delete this Steve.
      Anchor from the richest shipwreck in history, supposedly in around 300 ft. of water. I'd be tempted to take a few weeks off and do some technical diving if I was any closer.
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/anchor-found-cornwall-fresh-clue-14080977
    • By Piperpilot4
      Hi all,
      This is my first post here but been lurking for a while.It's not often that you can pin a find to the owner but this is exactly what happened after I unearthed this gold medallion from pasture on a farm near my home.It gave a solid 18 on field 1.I live in south wales u.k..On the front is a name and the reverse gives details of a walk that it was presented for.After getting home I did some research and uncovered this news article from a local paper dated 1903.The last sentence gives the name D.T. Davies and the time of 7Hrs 1 Min as detailed on the medallion.I then searched the 1901 census for Builth Wells and found details of his address and family.He was one of nine children and an apprentice tailor.Now this medallion was found 50 miles away from Builth Wells so how did it get there?I then searched a later census for the village near to the find and discovered that the family had moved here at a later date.Anyway to cut a long story short he got married here,had nine children of his own and died in 1954.I also discovered a nice victorian shilling on the same day.I have had the nox since October and I have found a lot of silver with it including william 3rd shilling,william 3rd sixpence and a george 3rd shilling to name a few.Thanks Minelab for a great machine.I love it!

• By phrunt
      Here is a nice story I stumbled across today about some volunteers finding a guys lost wedding ring out in the ocean near an Island off the coastline of NZ.
      A team of metal detectorists have described the "absolute buzz" of managing the near-impossible task of finding a lost ring in the middle of Auckland's Hauraki Gulf.
      Auckland man Eddie Hayman was on a boat celebrating a friend's wedding off Waiheke Island on February 16, when he went for a swim and his wedding band came off in the water.
      Unable to find it himself, he searched online in a desperate attempt to find a way to retrieve it.
      https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/110822835/wedding-ring-lost-off-aucklands-waiheke-island-found-by-diving-metal-detectorists
      Looks like a CTX 3030 and Excalibur II were used for the task judging by the photos on the little video clip on the article.

• By kac
      Buddy mine found these turtles last Dec frozen in a farm field. They were smaller than a quarter. They were hibernating but the farm is active and they would have turned it over before they could make it out of there. Don't know what number they showed up as 🙂
      Will be releasing them in june.

• By Gerry in Idaho
      By no means am I a top level detectorist at every different kind of hunting.  Deep old coins, Gold Rings Beach Hunting, CW, Ancient Coins/Artifacts, Gold Nugget chasing...and more.  Heck I have Field Staff members who do certain hunts better than I.  But I do consider myself one of the more versified hunters who actually does quite well with a variety of machines in many styles of hunts. 
      Here is one kind of hunt I have to give adulation... my video guy Ryan and his son.  This father/son team has taken on a style of detecting most of us dare.  He has done a few videos now of some stunner saves, but I feel this one takes the cake.
      If doing this please be sure to wear the proper protective gear and always have permission.
      Would you go Down Under for a fistful?
      Watch and enjoy as they recover find after find after find.