phrunt

Nice Story About A Wedding Ring Recovered Scuba Diving

Here is a nice story I stumbled across today about some volunteers finding a guys lost wedding ring out in the ocean near an Island off the coastline of NZ.

A team of metal detectorists have described the "absolute buzz" of managing the near-impossible task of finding a lost ring in the middle of Auckland's Hauraki Gulf.

Auckland man Eddie Hayman was on a boat celebrating a friend's wedding off Waiheke Island on February 16, when he went for a swim and his wedding band came off in the water.

Unable to find it himself, he searched online in a desperate attempt to find a way to retrieve it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/110822835/wedding-ring-lost-off-aucklands-waiheke-island-found-by-diving-metal-detectorists

Looks like a CTX 3030 and Excalibur II were used for the task judging by the photos on the little video clip on the article.

• Like 5

Awesome story phrunt, thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      Who has seen it?  I'm sure someone on the forum has.
      This is an article about the Armstrong Nugget which is 80.33 ozt.
      https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-armstrong-nugget

• By nugget hunter nz
      So took the gpz out for couple days were I hunt managed to find out that my extra waterproofing didn't work after 20 mins of first day with xcoil so was back to std 14 on day to all and all we had good trip pulled 5 grams for 2 days and 3 nice bits including this one 
      It was all creek hunting and was defanitly impressed the the zeds depth 

Just hoping with few days sun in a bag rice the xcoil will work normaly again.. Guess I will have to wait for nf coils to be realesed for water ones as the std 14 took on water to even tho they ment to be submersible to 1 mtr 
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      Paul is a very experienced detectorist.
      He is one of the nicest gent's I have have ever chatted with online.
      I have never met him personally.
      I actually have a piece of his equipment he has loaned me to try out.
      What an amazing find with Nox.
      Congrats Paul.
      Couldn't happen to nicer guy.
      Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links
    • By devilsrenegade
      I found this nice tesoro compadre at the local goodwill today for less than $20. 
      I couldn't resist buying it. Took it home and put in a new battery and it works great.  it must be an older one because it has a metal coil screw.  

• By 1864hatter
      So I managed to squeeze in another half day outing to my spot up in the mountains. More digging and moving boulders uncovered another 3 pieces of gold for 1.5g. The larger piece is 1g and is quite coarse / rough for this area. The black material is slowly being dissolved by hydrochloric acid. The first photo shows the creek. A little bit of water with a lot of boulders. Historically this creek has produced nuggets up to 12oz, I'm sure under one of the boulders there will be one for me. Will probably be a month before I get time for another look. I'm trying to finish building my house extension in my spare time and my two young daughters keep my busy....