My Review Of White's Goldmaster 24K

12 hours ago, SLGuin said:

On heavy hit ground that seems pretty darn good. Digging hard at a little less than 1 good target in 10. In heavy hit ground. Almost like having new ground by simply changing something, in this case the detector, in your approach. Thanks for keeping track of your trash count to know. Do you know how many grams you got in total there so far in your 15 hours? That looks awfully good for that amount of time.

Even more interesting. Targets in heavy hit ground being found at 3". Thinking of what that says. The very top of a soil profile to most, yet still having good targets and gold-like trash even though well detected over a period of time.

What do you think accounts for this? Or perhaps it might be better to wonder what should have prevented recovery of these targets before when they were only 3" deep. Not even sure anymore how to phrase what I am trying to say, but there are those who say only a small fraction of the gold in the ground (even surface targets) has been found, and that those which remain are masked by something.

Just over 2 grams there, the ground conditions are mild and suit a high frequency VLF. With almost everyone using PI's here, the tiny targets are not heard at all. Maybe only 20% of these could be heard by an SDC2300. Even so, the soil isnt completely un-mineralized and the gain has to be left around 7 or sometimes 6. The XGB system and the coil current increase, coupled with that 6.5" concentric coil is all that was needed to get the gold flowing again ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

You've got a GB2 and a GM1000 so I am guessing you've used them there before but maybe the 24k ground balances in this location better than they did.  I'd like to hear of other Aussies using the 24k and how it handles their ground in different areas in OZ.  It might be the new hit VLF in Australia judging by what you're saying. 

Probably only 1 in 500 of us Oz prospectors have ever used a high frequency VLF, let alone own one. A friend told me that less than 10 of the 24k have ever been sold in Australia so far. Thats why I'm not letting the 'cat out of the bag' so much as yet. Ive left a lot out of the story so as not to create a rush lol

• Like 4

Aureous thank you for your time and effort in posting this information, I find it very helpful in making a decision between the GM1000 or the 24k.  I don't think a person can go wrong with either detector but reading what you've written, and what some others have to say, I think the 24k with it's features might be the better choice for me.

• Like 1

Yes, the 24k is making "worked out" sites productive again. Although the smallest bits I have found (in the field) in moderately mineralized ground here in CA, AZ, and ID weigh in at under 1/20th of a grain, under controlled experimentation in my test garden the 24K can find 1/50th grain microflakes, taped to a business card. Among the accessories my 24k customers get are my business cards with 1/10th grain flakes laminated onto them. I tell them to tune their 24ks to my recommendations, and use the cards as "pass/fail" tests. If they can detect them at 1.5 inches, all is well... 

• Like 3

Simon, "Nothing succeeds like success." When a person KNOWS that their detector can find such small gold, this gives them the realization that it is just a matter of time before THEY will find their own small gold. A positive, success-oriented mindset, combined with proper training, augmented by proper technique, certainly heightens the chances for success. To quote from "Advanced Nuggetshooting", "Remain positive and optimistic. Pysche yourself that you are going to find gold." HH Jim

• Like 7

A husband and wife, experienced dry washers, but total newbies to nuggetshooting, both purchased my deluxe bundle, which included in-field training. When we met at the rendezvous site, neither assembled their equipment, explaining that they would prefer to watch me hunt for a while. To me, this was really odd. I mean, most trainees are supremely anxious to begin getting their training. Yet they had no interest in  even opening their boxes. They intensely watched each target recovery. After about 30 targets were recovered, 3 of which were of a gratifying yellow color, they smiled, nodded to one another, and headed back to the truck to assemble their equipment, to begin receiving their training. Curious as to what had transpired, they told me "we had to be sure that a person really can find gold with a metal detector. If you had failed to find any gold, we were going to cancel the purchase. But now we know that these machines actually work...."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...